• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66 Coronet Radio Questions

Nxcoupe

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:28 AM
Reaction score
So this car is new to me, and it's been a minute since I messed with these and I'm really excited about working on these again. Anyway, to the point of this post, my radio is not producing sound. It does however, have a green or red LED in the upper right corner of the tuner screen. It alternates being green one time and red the next. I'm assuming this has been converted to a more modern version and I'm wondering if anyone else has one like this. Thanks in advance and hope I posted this in the right place.

Sounds like it may be working and the speaker(s) and/or antenna is not connected.

Found this video on youtube. Maybe this guy converted your radio.

Sounds like it may be working and the speaker(s) and/or antenna is not connected.

Found this video on youtube. Maybe this guy converted your radio.

I will have to try some of his things he shows there and see if it is one of his. I can also look for the input cord too.

If you have an LED in the display, it definitely has been converted to FM. Mine has been and it does the same thing with the alternating colors. Are you sure the speaker(s) is good?

If you have an LED in the display, it definitely has been converted to FM. Mine has been and it does the same thing with the alternating colors. Are you sure the speaker(s) is good?
Not sure of anything. Nothing on the dash really works, so I need to start going through the grounds and see what could be causing it. I'm going to try what he showed on the video and see if the colors change. I believe they do. I'm also going to look for speakers and wiring. With it having a console, it's a little more difficult to get up under the dash.

No led in a stock AM radio back then

its been converted

Auto Transport Service
Back