• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66 coronet windshield trim help

mopower_333

Local time
9:58 AM
Reaction score
I've been looking for windshield moldings for my 1966 coronet 2 door sedan and a guy from moparts.com has a set he said he would sale me off a 69 coronet. He said that all 66-70 b-bodies have the same pieces and only the sides vary from sedans to hardtops. I was wondering if anyone knew if that was true? I just don't want to get stuck with parts that aren't going to fit my car. It's hard to buy wrong parts when you're 20 with no money :)

Also

Those are also the same for the Satellite and Charger as they both use the same windshield.

Those are also the same for the Satellite and Charger as they both use the same windshield.

mopower_333 has a sedan, so the moldings from a Charger will not work, as hardtops and sedans have different windshields and trim. I don't know for sure if the 68-69 B-Body sedans use the same trim as the 66-67 models, but all of the 66-67 B-Body Dodge and Plymouth sedans will work for your Coronet.

Richard

and i compared these to my hard top and only difference is the upright pieces are an inch longer on a 4 door and will need to be trimmed

Just for laughs, here are the 1966 factory part numbers for the lower, upper and side windshield trim. Part numbers are followed by the body styles that use that particular part number. I believe that the 1967 Coronet's and Charger's use these same part numbers, but I'd have to pull out my 67 Parts Book to double check it. Maybe someone with 1968 and 1969 Parts Books can verify if the Coronet's from those model years use the same part numbers, but I don't believe that they do.

Richard

lower trim, part #2585852, passenger side, all models including 2 and 4 door sedans, 2 door convertibles, 2 door hardtops, 4 door station wagons and Charger's

lower trim, part #2585853, drivers side, all models including 2 and 4 door sedans, 2 door convertibles, 2 door hardtops, 4 door station wagons and Charger's

upper trim, part #2584699, 2 and 4 door sedans, 4 door station wagons,

upper trim, part #2664809, 2 door hardtops, Charger's

upper trim, part #2586272, passenger side, 2 door convertibles

upper trim, part #2586273, drivers side, 2 door convertibles

side trim, part #2585850, passenger side, 2 and 4 door sedans, 4 door station wagons

side trim, part #2585851, drivers side, 2 and 4 door sedans, 4 door station wagons

side trim, part #2585854, passenger side, 2 door hardtops, Charger's

side trim, part #2585855, drivers side, 2 door hardtops, Charger's

side trim, part #2586274, passenger side, 2 door convertibles

side trim, part #2586275, drivers side, 2 door convertibles

66-67 B body 4 door sedans and 2 door sedans are the same. 68-70 coupe and hardtops have the same roof line and are NOT the same as 66-67 sedans.

The windshields "stand up" straighter on the sedans than the hardtops. The hardtops may be longer and possibly you could cut them to work.

i looked,the 4 door are an inch longer. i have both so i was able to compare 66s. my hardtop sides are an inch shorter. the roofs are different so even though its laid basck its shorter

i looked,the 4 door are an inch longer. i have both so i was able to compare 66s. my hardtop sides are an inch shorter. the roofs are different so even though its laid basck its shorter

1. Are you saying that the 4 door and 2 door sedans are different?

2. Or are you saying that the 4 door and the 2 door hardtops are different?

If it is #2 then I agree.

The 4 door and two door sedans have the same roof line/windshield.

Just for laughs, here are the 1966 factory part numbers for the lower, upper and side windshield trim. Part numbers are followed by the body styles that use that particular part number. I believe that the 1967 Coronet's and Charger's use these same part numbers, but I'd have to pull out my 67 Parts Book to double check it. Maybe someone with 1968 and 1969 Parts Books can verify if the Coronet's from those model years use the same part numbers, but I don't believe that they do.

Richard

lower trim, part #2585852, passenger side, all models including 2 and 4 door sedans, 2 door convertibles, 2 door hardtops, 4 door station wagons and Charger's

lower trim, part #2585853, drivers side, all models including 2 and 4 door sedans, 2 door convertibles, 2 door hardtops, 4 door station wagons and Charger's

upper trim, part #2584699, 2 and 4 door sedans, 4 door station wagons,

upper trim, part #2664809, 2 door hardtops, Charger's

upper trim, part #2586272, passenger side, 2 door convertibles

upper trim, part #2586273, drivers side, 2 door convertibles

side trim, part #2585850, passenger side, 2 and 4 door sedans, 4 door station wagons

side trim, part #2585851, drivers side, 2 and 4 door sedans, 4 door station wagons

side trim, part #2585854, passenger side, 2 door hardtops, Charger's

side trim, part #2585855, drivers side, 2 door hardtops, Charger's

side trim, part #2586274, passenger side, 2 door convertibles

side trim, part #2586275, drivers side, 2 door convertibles

From looking at the information I posted above, this is how it breaks down for the 1966/67 models, and even though the part numbers are probably different for the 68-70 B-Body cars, I would imagine that the differences between the various body types will hold true..

Lower trim - the same for all models

Upper trim - three different parts, one for 2 & 4 door sedans and station wagons, one for hardtops including Chargers and a two piece set up for convertibles

Side trim - one set of left & right sides for 2 & 4 door sedans and station wagons, one set of left & right sides for 2 door hardtops and Chargers and one set of left & right sides for convertibles.

Moral of this story? The only piece of windshield trim that interchanges between ALL of the 1966-67 B-Body cars is the LOWER trim, the top and side trim is different depending on which body style you have, sedan, hardtop, or convertible.

Richard

Moral of this story? The only piece of windshield trim that interchanges between ALL of the 1966-67 B-Body cars is the LOWER trim, the top and side trim is different depending on which body style you have, sedan, hardtop, or convertible.

Richard[/QUOTE]

That is correct.

Where the confusion comes in is that Mopar changed both the body style and name of the POST cars in 1968. Prior to this the 2 door SEDANS (post cars) had the same roof line as the 4 door SEDANS.
In 1968 the 2 door POST cars share the same roof line as the 2 door HARDTOPS.
Most people when they hear 2 door POST car they equate it to a 2 door sedan, however they are two different animals.
I have posted the below info many times ofer the years to help clarify this.

Here is the REAL story for Mopars.

Sedans, 2 door or 4 door have the same boxey roof line. They both have a frame around the door(s) window. Look at the pre-68 cars and you will see what I am talking about. They also share the same windshield and rear glass.

Coupes, Have no frame around the door window. The 68-70 coupes share the same roof line as the 2 door hardtops. They also share the same windshield and rear glass.

Posts, They BOTH have a post between the front door and the rear window.

Both are referred to as POST cars but there is the differences I have stated above between a coupe and a sedan.

The short explaination is a coupe has a hardtop roof line and a sedan shares the roof line with a 4 door.

Any of the 66 side trims will work on the hardtop but some need to be shortened. im gonna compare the 66 top trim sedan and hardtop. more to come

maybe just ask the seller your concern and ask for a trial look-see. Make him an offer of a small fee, and you'll pay the return shipping. He can't lose and you cant either,

Auto Transport Service
Back