• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66 dash harness in 67?

Yes, tach is actually different as well. There are a few other differences too. some 66s didn't have the emergency flasher which became standard in 67.

Ok thanks
My original 67 harness was butchered.
I bought a complete 66 dash that had all the accessories still intact and an unmolested harness. I think I will just remove all the black tape and go wire by wire until I have a complete harness.

To answer my own question, the harnesses are relatively the same with many of the same connections but it is not a direct replacement.
I found a 66 harness and installed it on my 67. I had to print the wireing schematics and swap a bunch of stuff around. But much of it was right on the money.
20170312_160419.jpg

I got a printout of all the differences off this sight source guide I think the thread was 66/67

The biggest difference is the wiring for the tach. I know there are other slight differences, but all of the gauges other than the tach are hooked up the same as in 66. The 66 harness will have a 3 wire connector for the tach sending unit that mounts on the forward dash frame next to the EL powerpack. The purple wire is 12V DC in, the gray wire is from the neg side of the coil, and the yellow wire is a DC voltage signal out to the single yellow wire that connects to a spade connector on the 66 tach. In 67, the tach has an internal board so the two connections on the back are 12V DC power (blue double wire with white tracer) and a gray signal wire from the neg side of the coil.

Mark

i found list of differences under " 67 67 charger source guide differences"
it listed the wiring differences

i think that you could use 66 harness just change the wires for the things that are different if those wires are still good off other harness or maybe just change plugs not sure

I found there are two dk blue wires running into the 66 Ign switch, one on the 67

on the list of differences it said 66 had an extra prong on ignition switch for a ground

Auto Transport Service
Back