• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66 front bumperettes

northeastmoparnet

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:34 AM
Reaction score
My front bumper just came back from plating. I have bumperettes for the front bumper. I understand the rear are the same? I am trying to figure out where they bolt on to the front bumper. It appears that they actually went right over the two vertical square holes closest to the number plate. Seems that the actual bumperette bolt fits through the top hole and must go through the bumper bracket. The bottom hole must use a regular bumper bolt anf then the lower portion of the bumperette actually hides the lower bumper bolt? Is what I am thinking correct?

Edit: deleted when I realized this was posted in the Charger forum.

If it were myself, I would not install the bumperettes.

Was your car originally equipped with them? If not you'll need to drill holes for them. If your car was then the platter filled them in. They line up with the sides of the hood. 1967 are different.

My front bumper has no holes but the rear bumper has holes in it toward the outer area. Did they come with just the rear ones??

On a '66 Coronet the front bumper guards mount towards the ends. They line up with the center of the outboard headlites. I can send you a pic if you like.

The rears line up with the parting lines between the decklid and quarters.

I am trying to understand whether they were on both front and rear bumpers when the option was ordered??? Mine has holes in the rear bumper but no holes in the front bumper??

Any chance the front bumper was replaced in the last 55 years?

I am understanding that the front and the rear bumperettes were ordered using a separate option code for each. So, YES, I guess one can have a 66 charger with only bumperettes in the rear?

Auto Transport Service
Back