• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66 Hemi Coronet Undercoating

dammstrate

Local time
5:43 PM
Reaction score
Are there any factory spec diagrams showing where undercoating was sprayed? My Hemi
tribute was stripped to the frame and seems put back together with no undercoating
anywhere, not even the wheel wells, which I have read somewhere were supposed to be black as part of "no color shows that's not the outside", even including in back of the grill. Was the restorer just lazy?

Behind the grill is flat black not undercoat. Wheel wells undercoat. Think undercoat on floor pan could be deleted. My 65 Dodge no undercoat on floor pan, 66 Satellite undercoat on build sheet 579 it had 9 in the box if no 9 in box no undercoat.

My 1966 Hemi Coronet only had undercoat in the wheel wells. the underside of the car was paint matched to the rest of the car.

How correct are you trying to make this tribute?

My 1966 Hemi Coronet only had undercoat in the wheel wells. the underside of the car was paint matched to the rest of the car.
If you have a Broadcast sheet is there a number in 579 box or is it blank?

Auto Transport Service
Back