• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66 Instrument cluster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skatpak

Local time
8:46 AM
Reaction score
What is a fair price to pay for a used instrument cluster that is untested but is complete and uncut but needs to be restored? Low? High? Average?

Prices are crazy on everything these days, but for a usable 66 cluster needing mostly cosmetic restoration, I would say 250, or maybe 275 depending on actual condition. JMO

Prices are crazy on everything these days, but for a usable 66 cluster needing mostly cosmetic restoration, I would say 250, or maybe 275 depending on actual condition. JMO
Ok thanks for your help.

I just noticed that you posted this on the 66-67 Dodge Charger forum. You may have to pay somewhat more for those electroluminescent clusters. Sorry for the misinformation.

if you are looking for a restored cluster, let me know- just sent 3 clusters off to Mark Gibson as cores. maybe we can sort something out with him. fwiwi- he is a 6 month lead time.

I'm guessing this is for a Charger as it looks like you posted on a Charger forum. I have a '66 Satellite that's nice and inexpensive, but probably doesn't help you.

if you are looking for a restored cluster, let me know- just sent 3 clusters off to Mark Gibson as cores. maybe we can sort something out with him. fwiwi- he is a 6 month lead time.
I'm not looking for a restored cluster. Just a good used one or complete core

Cores for our Chargers have gotten ridiculous
They are going for 500 or more in rough shape
you will have another grand or more in them restoring the gauges
and that doesnt count repairing/re chroming the bezel or replacing it with a not so exact aftermarket repop

it is worth it though
The EL lighting makes for a beautiful dash that stands out

IMG_20210727_222300836.jpg IMG_20210728_114642662.jpg

And if anyone needs bezels, I have at least 3 sitting on a shelf.
Possibly I guess, could you contact him on my behalf to find out since you know him?

I understand- but perhaps Mark could ship one to you. I am not restoring all 3. The extras are cores for him.
It depends on how much he wants for the core.

Cores for our Chargers have gotten ridiculous
They are going for 500 or more in rough shape
you will have another grand or more in them restoring the gauges
and that doesnt count repairing/re chroming the bezel or replacing it with a not so exact aftermarket repop

it is worth it though
The EL lighting makes for a beautiful dash that stands out

View attachment 1197546 View attachment 1197547
Looks great

my bezels. Did non AC cars have black surround and AC have chrome? Bezel in middle is non AC

3E6D420A-5BAD-4025-9965-4DD55A3A3FEF.jpeg 68334EA1-7A22-4468-82DA-06946344D2CA.jpeg 1E7BDD31-5311-4045-BF3F-1D3757FB1699.jpeg 31B98606-72BD-4576-A2C7-7F7BAE9FDC21.jpeg

I don't understand all the cars had chrome. I know all the bezles are the same except the centers. How much do you want for 1?
Yep, the center of each was just a spike. Then later in 66 changed to the spike with a collar (volcano looking) due to a safety concern. Same with the radio. Early 66s had a torpedo center knob then changed to a flat knob. Think if one was to hit any of that in accident they are already toast. Below is a picture of the original design from one of our FBBO buddies.

XIJIarc.jpg

You need to start a wanted thread .
yea but I don't want anything, and I was not advertising I wanted anything, I was ask
my bezels. Did non AC cars have black surround and AC have chrome? Bezel in middle is non AC

View attachment 1198043 View attachment 1198044 View attachment 1198045 View attachment 1198046
no, all the bezels were the same as far as the chrome goes, over time the chrome wears off or someone removes it or paints it black, when they were new the pods were all chrome as well as the outside perimeter as well as the radio opening. and the centers of the lenses. all the research I have done as well as all the bezels I have worked on or seen have been the same.

yea but I don't want anything, and I was not advertising I wanted anything, I was ask

no, all the bezels were the same as far as the chrome goes, over time the chrome wears off or someone removes it or paints it black, when they were new the pods were all chrome as well as the outside perimeter as well as the radio opening. and the centers of the lenses. all the research I have done as well as all the bezels I have worked on or seen have been the same.
"How much do you want for one" "$50 + shipping seem fair?" Looks like a sale to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back