• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66 Sat - Bucket Seats with Console....need more room - fat guy

Garceau

Local time
9:43 AM
Reaction score
OK - lets get this out of the way - yeah I need to lose weight. Eh...is what it is.

But I am also 6'2

Looking for options to create a little more leg room, and get off the wheel some.

Non tilt wheel.

I really would like to keep the stock wheel set up, its in great shape and looks nice. However we all know how big they are. I am a little tighter than I would like, and could use a little more leg room as well. I am just curious, has anyone moved back their stock seat and brackets? I could use about 2 inches - not sure if the floor pans will allow it without crawling under it, since its not currently at my house (just moved, its in storage)

I could go with smaller wheel, but eh.....prefer to keep it stock-ish appearing.

thanks in advance -

I did not realize it until a recent post here but there are a series of 3 holes punched in the seat pedestals for the floor bolts. I assume the factory usually used the center hole. So you might gain a little on leg room by knocking the bolts out and putting them in the front holes to move the seat back.

66 has adjustable seat brackets and 67 are fixed brackets. You might gain a little adjustment there if they are correct for your car.

Auto Transport Service
Back