• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66 Satellite convertible

mopar Tim

Local time
1:21 AM
Reaction score
Anyone know if the rocker panels on a convertible are strengthened, like on A bodies?
Thank you...

Don't about A bodies. The front of rear spring hangers are reinforced like hemi cars.

In A bodies, there is 1/4 inch plate in the rockers, runs the length, cant tell unless you cut out a set, wondering about the 66 B Body.....

upload_2020-2-25_20-17-31.jpeg

I would say yes. I know for a fact that 68 & 69 b bodies have the rocker reinforcement because I’ve cut into both years of those convertibles. I’m sure they ran those reinforcements from 66-70

I would say yes. I know for a fact that 68 & 69 b bodies have the rocker reinforcement because I’ve cut into both years of those convertibles. I’m sure they ran those reinforcements from 66-70
Thanks, thought so. The ones on my 66 are beat to heck......Not rusted, about the only parts not so. I might try to beat them back into shape....:drinks:

Auto Transport Service
Back