• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB 66 Satellite rear fender top aluminum trim pieces

Status
Not open for further replies.

AR67GTX

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:50 AM
Reaction score
Looking for rear top-of-fender trim (both sides) that is either good as is or at least straight and restorable. No kinks, holes, mashed sections, splits or previously restored pieces that are now too thin to repair and re-anodize again.

BTT - still looking

Unfortunately, they are very much Unobtainable or so very scarce, that they just are not made available for sale. I also have a 66 Ply Sat, and I actually purchased the right rear trim piece that was actually the last NOS available anywhere. Over 350.00 for that piece back in 2004 for Brad's NOS. I see a lot of 66 Ply Sat owners not finding them and subsequently, have the holes welded up and replacing the front fender turn signal pieces with 66 Barracuda ones as the gently blend into the fender unlike the 66 Ply Sat ones that slip into the trim. Very nice touch too but I get wanting to find as best of one you can. Good luck with your search, and if you have a need for nay other 66 Ply Sat parts let me know as I am downsizing my parts stash and eventually selling mine. I just don't drive it any more...cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:

I figure anything I find will need to be restored, which I’ve stripped, straightened, removed dents and polished aluminum & SS trim out before - or I have a small custom chrome shop nearby who does a nice job also. Just need to find pieces that don’t have sharp kinks or enormous or severe dents or holes in them. Or that have been refinished before. The ones on my car could easily be massaged to near perfection but the place that stripped, polished and re-anodized them left them so thin they are useless to do again.

thanks

Good luck.
Did you ask the guy i sent you to before to see if he had them ????

Im lucky.....all but the pass side door mldg on mine were NOS when the car was done.
I would love to find that one door piece someday.

Haven’t checked with him on the back pieces yet but I will.

Haven’t checked with him on the back pieces yet but I will.

I do know he had a boatload of trim left over.
BUT he took a lot of said trim to the Nats last month and sold a lot of it .

I have to call him here the next day or so.

I will ask

Thanks, might ask him if he has a nice piece of center dash trim too - piece under the radio. The chrome shop bent my piece with weights in the plating tanks and while we have it mostly straightened out and it looks good straight on, I hate that it’s not perfect. So may try to find another to replace this one with later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back