• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB 66 Satellite right front fender alum trim strip

Status
Not open for further replies.

AR67GTX

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:55 PM
Reaction score
Looking for a nice pass side (right) top of fender trim piece for a 66 Satellite. Hoping to find a nice one not needing re-anodizing but will consider a straight weathered piece with need of refinishing.

Is there a difference between the right and left on a 66 Satellite. Any pieces I have will be weathered, but I may have it.

I think they are different but I’ll look and get a picture.

They are different side to side. The contour is different from the inside of the trim to the outside and of course the shape at the rear(near the door) is a different curve driver vs pass sides.

Thanks, and I saw something recently that said the 66/67 Charger top of fender trim is different in cross section too.

Here is a picture showing the cross section. It is specific as to side. The part measures 51-7/8 inch long and ties into a turn signal indicator at the front of the fender.

Unfortunately this request and discussion are more and more popping up. These pieces are very, "unobtaineum" for the most part. They just really are hard to come by. And if and when one does stumble upon some they are either way beyond repair or bent, as well as vastly faded to require re-working and new anodizing. I lucked out several years ago when I began my 66 Ply Sat resto project and actually picked up the very last left rear piece form a parts supplier and it wasn't cheap back then. Over 350.00 but I needed it and therefore I have a very nice piece to go along with the original pieces that I painstakingly polished, buffed, straightened and then re-attached. I would like to offer you encouragement as it were so basically you have 2 options left to you...

1. Keep the ever present search going
2. Remove it all except the Turn Signals on the fender which can be substituted for the Barracuda Turn Signals as they are finished at the end unlike the Satellite's which attach to the trim. I have seen this done many a time and those that have done so, just have the holes welded up and then blended in the car. Then when re-painted, they are non visible. Best of luck in your search...cr8crshr/Bill:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::usflag::usflag::usflag:

Last edited:
Here is a picture showing the cross section. It is specific as to side. The part measures 51-7/8 inch long and ties into a turn signal indicator at the front of the fender.

I think you're missing something, perhaps a picture maybe???

On one of the Chargers I had the trim stripped. Found out that if there were any imperfections new anodizing would magnify them. So I just kept them polished.

Your right - it pasted in OK and I assumed had posted and then I closed my notebook. Apparently not. I’ll repost.

Car is freshly painted so removal not in the cards.

Last edited:
Picture
IMG_5341.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back