• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66 Satellite

IndySatLite

Local time
12:49 AM
Reaction score
IDK if this has a name, but it's a long plastic piece that fits above the backseat and above the package tray. The Satellite chrome piece also fits in the center of it. I'm interested in the name of it and the fastener situation for it: does it take special screws, and if so, what do they look like? Also, did the package tray come with carpet on top of it? Thank you.

IMG_1578.JPG IMG_1579.JPG

I don't recall any special fasteners - seems just like a few screws behind the seat back. Definately not carpet on the package tray. A piece of basically fiber board with an embossed, fine cross weave pattern is what mine has - painted to match interior color. Reproductions are available.

I don't recall any special fasteners - seems just like a few screws behind the seat back. Definately not carpet on the package tray. A piece of basically fiber board with an embossed, fine cross weave pattern is what mine has - painted to match interior color. Reproductions are available.

So, just remove the carpet and hope the tray looks presentable? I removed the carpet from the package tray, and other than some discoloration here and there, there is a hole on each speaker section. Also, when I was looking at new trays from Classic Industries, they had a version with harness holes, which I assume are shown on the pic below. Do you know what the purpose of those are?

IMG_1584.JPG

Last edited:
If you dont get your answer about fasteners. Next week I will have the back seat out of mine and can take a look or take pictures if you still need it .

I'm adding a 3rd rear seat belt to mine

But you are going to love the red interior

Mounting hardware is 4 studs with nuts and 4 Phillips screws.

The holes in the tray are for 4 studs On that surround piece that go down through the tray and they have nuts on the underside of the speaker shelf. Look under your surround piece and there will be 4 raised bosses with studs, or holes to mount studs.

Then 4 Phillips screws Go in from the front.

Auto Transport Service
Back