• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

66k bird hits the block in houston

Should fire the painter that did the nose the wrong colour. What else is wrong with it??

that nose really does look awful. interesting how all these claimed low mile wing cars just keep on flowing out of the barns , yards and garages...

If anyone wants it just forward me the money and I'll deliver it anywhere in CUS for the expense it takes to get there!
RC you need to fill that colesium you call a garage, I'm sure this would fit right in with your collection!:popcorn2:

Should fire the painter that did the nose the wrong colour. What else is wrong with it??

wrong color?? huh?
that is how they came from the factory!
originally the nose was painted in lacquer paint separate from the body.
it stands out so much because they probably buffed the **** out of the car..
if it was restored,it is probably to a high level because
for most restored cars the nose is the same paint as the body..

I've never seen one that far off in the 28 years I've owned mine and that I've paid attention to the breed. I'd say nose damage and repaint.

Here's a 674 mile original paint car.. according to the description anyhow.

Last edited:
Still be sweet to have. To get grocery and make a gas station run. The passenger fender is also a different shade (a little darker) I’d still beat the $hit out of it

I saw the car. Went to the auction........ The nose was really off compared to the rest of the car. No way original paint. The engine compartment detailing left a lot to be desired for the caliper of car it is supposed to represent at Mecum. Heard it sold for $185,000...

ya,, that looks aweful.. if you seen what I had to deal with on a daily base though.. with the transparent crap I have to use.. it does not surprize me that the Nose is off color on that Bird.. hopefully its not the same stuff.

I saw the car. Went to the auction........ The nose was really off compared to the rest of the car. No way original paint. The engine compartment detailing left a lot to be desired for the caliper of car it is supposed to represent at Mecum. Heard it sold for $185,000...

And the white interior is questionable.

I've always wanted a Superbird . If I could ever have one it won't fit in my garage even .

Very cool cars and people who own them are very fortunate .

When I moved into my Grandparents house in 1979, it was still pretty much like they left it. Grandmom was a canner (Grandpop had a mean garden, chicken coop etc.) and in the basement kitchen sink drawers was old newspaper lining them. Being a newbie to mopars, I read the car ads (remember those?) and several Superbirds were listed for sale by the megadealer Reedman in Langhorne Pa. The price? $2399. In a 1971 newspaper.

Auto Transport Service
Back