• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 BELV./ GTX REAR TIRE SIZE

XMAN JR

Local time
4:56 PM
Reaction score
Ok this question was probably asked many times. If so I cant find the post. Any ways what is the biggest tire & wheel combo you can get on the rear of a 67 belv/ gtx with out Minnie tubing ? If you narrow the housing & get ride of the leaf springs & get the right wheel back spacing.

There’s been 2 posts in the past 2 days about 66-67 tire sizes lol. Anyway I believe the consensus is 275/60/15 on 15x8 with 5-5.5” bs is the largest but you’ll have to fold the inner fender lip. 255 is a safe bet on a 15x8 with 4.5”bs

There’s been 2 posts in the past 2 days about 66-67 tire sizes lol. Anyway I believe the consensus is 275/60/15 on 15x8 with 5-5.5” bs is the largest but you’ll have to fold the inner fender lip. 255 is a safe bet on a 15x8 with 4.5”bs
thanks ill see if I can find them

I have a set of Mickey Thompson Sportsman S/T on Summit rocket wheels (They are a good copy of the torque thrust D wheels but with a round center cap) that came of my 66 satellite so there is no question they fit. Rears are 275/60-15. Fronts are 205/60-15. These are used but have like 200 miles on them. Wheels are nice but just need to be cleaned up a bit no pitting or anything like that just been sitting in the garage fro awhile.

$750 for the set...
i7618-jpg.jpg

I have a set of Mickey Thompson Sportsman S/T on Summit rocket wheels (They are a good copy of the torque thrust D wheels but with a round center cap) that came of my 66 satellite so there is no question they fit. Rears are 275/60-15. Fronts are 205/60-15. These are used but have like 200 miles on them. Wheels are nice but just need to be cleaned up a bit no pitting or anything like that just been sitting in the garage fro awhile.

$750 for the set...
View attachment 760222
good price for that rear size tire is there any mods ? leaf springs moved in, Minnie tubing ?

The only thing I had to do was cut back the wheel lips a bit with a cutoff wheel and smoothed it out with a fiber disc. The wheel lips are pretty wide out the factory and even after cutting still about a 1/2" wide.

The only thing I had to do was cut back the wheel lips a bit with a cutoff wheel and smoothed it out with a fiber disc. The wheel lips are pretty wide out the factory and even after cutting still about a 1/2" wide.
OK thanks

Auto Transport Service
Back