• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 Belvedere II hotchkis TVS rear sway bar flip?

Belvetoast

Local time
4:35 PM
Reaction score
Hey team, I just installed a hotchkis TVS on my Belvey and the clearance between my fuel tank, rear sway bar, and 3rd member was within mm’s. So I flipped the rear sway bar upside down to alleviate all clearance issues. Can anyone see why this would be an issue? I attached photo of hotchkis’ recommended installation configuration and then my flip, which hangs the bar around the lowest part of the 3rd member. (My ? Isn’t about the clearance issues, it’s if a rear sway bar flipped upside down is still safe/functional/etc.)

Thanks in advance,
E

B05FE882-4A2F-4409-9063-7C2BD0A874DF.jpeg 7527EDDD-A07F-405A-8DD0-8C8344DE2503.jpeg

Last edited:
I put the summit one on my 67 belve , and its on that way ( like you have it below the diff). I think you had on down side up .

The sway bar doesn't care which way it is mounted. The finction is the same.
Was told that with the front one after grinding it on parking bumpers and knocking off both Zirc fittings.

Auto Transport Service
Back