• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 Charger Battery Tray bracket fastener

Dean Prevolos

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:22 AM
Reaction score
I want to confirm the correct fasterner to use to fasten the side battery tray bracket at the top of the interior fender. I am putting the car back together and of course didn't take a picture BEFORE I removed the fastener.

There is a SQUARE notch on top, see picture. I also have a SQUARE washer that fits into the SQUARE notch. But I can't figure out what fastener to use with the SQUARE washer? I thought I removed a clip fastener with the bolt. I have tried to insert different clips with matching bolts, but haven't found the right one yet. I would appreciate some direction before I just bolt it in incorrectly. Thank you in advance, Dean

Batter Bracket Top sq cutout with sq washer.JPG Batter Bracket Top sq cutout.JPG Batter Bracket Top.JPG

I thought that was a welded in square nut, but may be wrong.

Here is the picture. It is a fully threaded insert, not just a spring clip.

IMG_20210603_072029.jpg

I thought that was a welded in square nut, but may be wrong.

You were right, it is a welded threaded insert. Whomever had my car before either punch it out or wore it out with too many battery changes. Thanks for your input.

have some of those original square pierce nuts available, PM me

Last edited:
Actually its called a pierce nut

comes in from the bottom side

pierce-nut.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back