• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 charger headlight questions

Speedfish

Local time
4:26 AM
Reaction score
My question is on a 67 Dodge Charger the headlight Motors when one headlight motor is running is it supposed to be putting power to both sides of the field on the other headlight motor I'm getting 9 volts on one side and 6 volts on the other side of the field doesn't matter which motor I use next question is the headlight motor supposed to be grounded out I can power the headlight motor either way without hooking a ground up to the three prong plug is that right

Punctuation goes a long way in helping to read a post.
You seem to have missed a couple a periods.

Thanks ,does anybody at this website work on or rebuild headlight Motors on 66 and 67 Dodge Chargers. That can help

First Go here: http://www.mymopar.com/index.php?pid=109
Then save a copy of the service manual for your car.
On page 264 (in adobe acrobat), there is an electrical schematic of the lighting system.
With the opening and closing going through relays I do not believe that there should be a voltage difference.
What you are reading for voltages could be due to corrosion on the connectors.

Yes, the voltage is suppose to be the same. Clean the connectors and check the wires for damage.

Newbie question, but if you're having problems with the headlights and or the headlight motors are there any specific tools to use to find the cause of the problem? Like one of those probes that you use to see how many amps you're getting from a circuit?

A833wing is the guy your looking for on those lights and motors. Search his name here and PM him.

Auto Transport Service
Back