• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'67 Charger steering column interchange

iowaguy

Local time
10:23 PM
Reaction score
My son's 1967 Charger, automatic with power steering, has a messed up steering column. Don't know what happened but guessing when whoever the replaced the engine in the car's past damaged it. He says it's drivable but considering how critical this part is, I being older/wiser I would like it fixed right. The engine is out right now so a good time to get it fixed.

What are the cars that we should be on the lookout for to get a replacement. Obviously the same year B-Body but other years? A or C body work?

I think i've seen a few in the for sale ads here recently. Might want to go through and check. I don't know what others work but 66 B body steering column is different than 67 so don't get one of those.

Can you post a picture of what was damaged?

I don't know if Charger columns are any different than other 67 B's, but fairly sure any floor shift column from a 67 will work. Just make sure it's got same steering (power/manual). A or C will not work.

Easiest way to tell a 66 from a 67 column is the 67 will have steel mesh so it will collapse in a collision.

Auto Transport Service
Back