• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 Charger temp control access

Spartycus

Local time
4:15 AM
Reaction score
Well, it started because I was installing a repaired radio and speaker to the 67. The temp cable was slipping at the control so I had the bright idea to try and crimp it tighter…boing…off came the spring clip…. I tried to snap it back on but it’s in a blind spot and I can’t get enough pressure to snap it back on…. The radio is out, anyone know the best way to get to it or do I have to remove the IP like the service manual says? I am beyond ticked right now… these little projects are turning to a big headache… any help would be appreciated

if you look at the dash above the heater control you will see 4 holes
2 are dash screws but the other 2 hold the heater controls in
Remove the screws holding the controls and they should slide back and out
Then you should be able to fix it by working it to a spot you can see what you are doing

Be careful when you put it back in there is a small stiffening plate there and I cant recall if it will fall out or if the dash screws will retain it

Thanks! Sounds like I have to take the IP bezel off regardless. I think the temp cable controller may be gummed up which is why it was skidding when I moved the lever. My 69 Charger has the same problem but worse. It is near impossible to slide.

Thanks! Sounds like I have to take the IP bezel off regardless. I think the temp cable controller may be gummed up which is why it was skidding when I moved the lever. My 69 Charger has the same problem but worse. It is near impossible to slide.

The whole point to my post was that I dont belive you need to remove the IP bezel at all
Just remove the 2 screws that hold the heater controls and of course the knobs on the levers
You should be able to slide the controls back and down to a point you can access them from under the dash or visualize them through the dash's radio opening

Ok, I just have to find the screws.
Let Me help
It will be either the red ones or the green ones
I dont recall which is which but it will be obvious when you look at it

screws.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back