• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 Charger

chrisd

Local time
11:27 AM
Reaction score
Here's a long shot for ya'll. I had a 1967 Charger. 318 car which the wonderfull city of Baytown Texas thought was an eye sore in 1994. They towed it and I was told it was to be crushed. (The car was running but not licensed and I was 22 with a minimum wage job so no money to pay a lawyer). I was told later that it went to a junkyard in Liberty, Texas named Terrels. I've also been told by people in Liberty the car wasn't crushed, but Terrels won't admit to anything. Anyway, the car was originally bright red but I repainted it pearl white. The inside passenger panel had a good size hole in it from a little brother with a mean kick. The front emblem had a light in it that lit up when headlights were on. It was a console car that I put a 360ci in it. Interior was black, floorboard was in bad shape, I believe that a Coronet fender was put on one side so it wouldn't have factory holes for the mouldings. I don't know what else to tell about it. But, I'd appreciate any info . I know it's a long shot, but it's worth a try.
Thanks

I'm still on the search. We just moved and went to unpacking and found the certicard! I spoke with the DMV and they didn't say anything about being crushed. I'm going to check with them on Monday to see what they can tell me. The VIN I'm looking for is
XP29F72213***
Just to be clear, I am looking for the car to purchase it if it available, not anything else. If anyone has info, PM me.

For those watching or just looking for some inspiration, I found my car! It's about 4 hrs away and for sale.

Glad to hear you found it!Hate to hear of old mopars being crushed!

A happy ending! Keep us posted, believe me, there are people here who like to see how these stories pan out.

I plan on buying it from the current owner. Shouldn't be alot of problems. Will probably have to wait a few more weeks though.

Congrats!!!! It is nice to hear that you found your car!! :banana::banana::banana:

I spoke with the current owner last night and told him I'd be coming in a couple weeks. He said before he had a 440 and a 727 he's asking $800 for. It sounds like a good price to me, but I've always had small blocks. It came from a '73 or '74 Imperial. Any ideas?

I'm guessing you think it's a good price for the motor.

It "ran when it was pulled from the car". So I don't really know. I'd personally rater run a 5.7 or a 6.1 Hemi but that would cost alot more and some modifications. I did get a picture yesterday. It's in a pdf format and it won't convert to any format I can do much of anything with.

My couple of weeks has turned into another month . A month ago I wouldn't have guessed I t wouldn't be home by now. I tried again to put the pics up, but they are too big and I can't figure how to resize them. Oh well.I'll keep trying.

Well here it is!! My dad and I went Monday and picked it up. The owner was shocked that I was able to track it down. It's missing the seats, most of the dash pieces,some trim, engine, trans, hood,windshield, and more, but I still don't think it was a bad price with out the sentimental value attached. The body is pretty solid sstill. Plus, I've already got a Charger for parts. Now to get started.

DSC00201.JPG

DSC00199.JPG

DSC00203.JPG

DSC00207.JPG

Glad you got your Charger back...... Now where did I put the vin to my 68 RR.

Auto Transport Service
Back