• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOUND 67 coronet grill surrounds

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Crusher

Local time
8:40 AM
Reaction score
I know it's a long shot, but looking for a decent set of 67 Coronet grill surrounds. What ya got? Mine are pretty banged up

Mighty Dodge_0001 .JPG

No one was repopping these but i heard rumors last year some were in the works. Are they finally reproduced? I know a guy that has a very very nice set but they're not cheap.

No one was repopping these but i heard rumors last year some were in the works. Are they finally reproduced? I know a guy that has a very very nice set but they're not cheap.
Who and how much?

Reach out to Claire Young on FB in Fl. The did an awesome job saving mine for a driver.

Reach out to Claire Young on FB in Fl. The did an awesome job saving mine for a driver.
Man, there are a ton of Claire Youngs on Facebook, all females.

Man, there are a ton of Claire Youngs on Facebook, all females.

If you reach Claire and she thinks she can do something with your grill surround let me know. I have a couple that look exactly like yours.

talked to Claire a while back, she said she was booked solid for a while but she could do them . price depended on the work needed to be done . from pictures i have seen of the work she has done on other peoples surrounds they were nice !!

If you reach Claire and she thinks she can do something with your grill surround let me know. I have a couple that look exactly like yours.
Do you have any idea on how to narrow down the number of Claire Youngs in Florida?
Her husnand is Steve and I think he goes by @partsmonsta here.
PM me for her contact info, i have her email.Here is her FB profile.
https://www.facebook.com/parts.monsta.5
Thanks Fellas. I reached out to Clair (no "E" on Clair), on Facebook. We'll see what she has to say.

Do you have any idea on how to narrow down the number of Claire Youngs in Florida?

Thanks Fellas. I reached out to Clair (no "E" on Clair), on Facebook. We'll see what she has to say.

Moved to another thread to unclog this want ad.

sorry for the inconvenience I may have caused.. Mike

Last edited:
Repair it yourself.... I had no experience doing this a couple years ago with my 67 R/T and played around with a couple sets they came out nice...... of course they are not anodized just no dents..... I painted the inside a light argent spray can which is a similar color to the original anodized.

You just go very slow and bump them out like you were doing body work (hammer & dolly)... only with a finessed blows with a tiny hammer and some special tools I made.. its thin aluminum it might take a while....

i am happy the results.

getting the original anodizing off takes time... I dont like using oven cleaner that will work... but be careful if you do.

even with small holes and fissures that was repaired like new.

Aluminum is easy to work with and I repaired several sets of surrounds that were crushed like yours were.

its a lot cheaper......

The aluminum polishes up like chrome my friend Jerry hall gave me the idea on leaving them unfinished aluminum so if repair is needed they would not have to be reanodized again.

if they become a little dull some Mothers Mag & Aluminum polish will make them new and bright again

I am not a pro.......... just patience.

Good Luck with what ever you decide.

Mike

so i need an address to send you mine so you can have patience on them for me lol

so i need an address to send you mine so you can have patience on them for me lol

to all

I have taken my post to a separate thread to unclog this thread.

Last edited:
I've been wanting to attempt this. Do you have any tips or pics of your specialty tools? I was thinking of making a small dolly with the contour that would fit in from the back of the grill surround and then carefully hammer it back into shape. Not sure if that would be the best route or not. Also do you remove the anodizing first or does it matter? Thanks

moved to another thread.

Last edited:

I got in touch with Clair Young she says my passenger side is too far gone for her to fix. Sooo...I still need a passenger side surround. anyone willing to sell the one you have stashed away?

I got in touch with Clair Young she says my passenger side is too far gone for her to fix. Sooo...I still need a passenger side surround. anyone willing to sell the one you have stashed away?

I think I might be able to fix it but it may be awhile because i am working on my 67R/T.

No promises but i have done worst than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back