• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 coronet headlite switch

cherokeechief79

Local time
8:08 PM
Reaction score
we put a new switch in my sons 67 wagon and it fixed the cluster light problem but he says the headlights wont come on with the switch now.
anything obvious we should look for?

Check bulkhead connectors inside and out. Maybe something was disturbed?

If the headlights worked before, double-check the switch plug and make sure the wire didn't pop out of it....sometimes that happens. Aside from that and checking what Fran mentioned, I'd take the switch back out and check all the terminal locations to make sure it has them all like the original (crazy things happen with aftermarket parts!) If it's a match then you could take a tester and the wiring schematic and verify proper operation.

New is not always good. And is this new from china or new/old USA?

Press the floor dimmer switch a few times, they can go bad.

Swap back on the old switch and see if the headlights work. I would do this before even touching the bulkhead connector.

Last edited:
one thing i did notice on the new switch was that it had an extra connector sticking out the back facing 90 deg from the other .
the original didnt have this.
also there were 2 switches available from autozone for it.
they seemed identical except for the spring and porcelin wheel diameter.
the one i passed on had a big wheel.

my son brought me the switch we got from autozone and there is something broken inside.you can hear it if ya shake it and the knob wont latch in at all.i had them order me a new one and just picked it up.it looks the same but the porcelin ring and spring wire is a much larger dia.should i be concerned?its def bigger than the original but the plug connectors look the same.

I just picked up an nos mopar headlight switch and ignition switch for mine.
Dont need either one.......but. i might someday.

the first switch we put in was broken inside and i had autozone order another.it came in as the same pn but had the larger spring and round porcelin pc.we put the new one in and everything is working good except it seems like all of the blinkers front and rear are on solid.
any ideas now?this one also had en electrical tab stinng out the back off the case.does this need to be grounded?

the first switch we put in was broken inside and i had autozone order another.it came in as the same pn but had the larger spring and round porcelin pc.we put the new one in and everything is working good except it seems like all of the blinkers front and rear are on solid.
any ideas now?this one also had en electrical tab stinng out the back off the case.does this need to be grounded?
I'd throw in a new flasher.
As far as grounding the tab on the switch, not necessary.

my son just corrected me on this...he states he says the blinkers do work but when not on all of the lights are lit.
at this pont i just want to get the correct switch for it.
who can i buy one from that i wont have any issues with?

i think the shaft is not going far enough into the switch.it works when the switch is out but mounted with the bezel it doent go in far enough to turn the parking lights off.is the knob adjustable on the shaft?how can i move the knob back on it a bit?

Auto Transport Service
Back