• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 Coronet Instrument panel Screws

Bold & Old

Deceased, But not forgotton
Local time
6:58 AM
Reaction score
Hello to all....

My 67 Instrument panel screws are all missing that hold the instrument cluster to the dash frame top and bottom

My instrument cluster was just sitting in place with no screws holding it in place when i bought the car.

Would someone please show me a picture and its thread size and length please?

They maybe exclusively for the dash or just a common hardware store variety screw.

Thank you in advance... Mike

Mr G's has screw kits available.

Those screws are what ground your panel electrically, and they don't do a very good job of it.. I had to install a ground wire from the back of the instruments to a steering column bolt.....
DSCF0160.JPG

Last edited:
The upper screws are the ones that ground, and they are 3/4 galvanized flat. You can also use stainless......they go through the cluster, and make contact with a metal strip that then touches the cast metal of the cluster to the frame.....as mentioned, a crappy method. Getting the cluster out can be annoying as hell. I've done it several times, and the best method is to loosen the firewall bolts (4) but not remove.....then drop the three column bolts and spacers. The column will drop about 4-5 inches allowing you to pop the cluster out and not hit the wheel.....the speed-o cable and a/c controls.....and radio will also need to be removed....and the cluster will sit nicely on the column. Unscrew one of the circuit board mounting screws on the bottom of the board and attach the ground there **** Make sure to use the eye-type end for this, and slide it between the board and the metal....not on the surface, and you may short to one of the traces.....***** this is very important....

I'll add that the dash clips that the screws bite into can be fairly worn and can be removed and flattened a bit....its a pain.....but it does greatly enhance the connection of the board also.....

I'll add that the dash clips that the screws bite into can be fairly worn and can be removed and flattened a bit....its a pain.....but it does greatly enhance the connection of the board also.....

I guess I need some clips too.

my cluster gauges will need new clips too.

I still have not been able to get a hold of Mister Gs due to a old out dated computer.

Does anyone have a picture of the screws and clips for the dash?

are they black painted heads?

I do have a small ground strap for the steering column to firewall.

There are two types of screws . Standard screw kit has them ANT sells them via eBay I’ll gather pics in the AM sir

Auto Transport Service
Back