• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 Coronet questions

Willbgone

Local time
8:36 PM
Reaction score
Hi all.

Questions:

1) My car was an original AC car that has had the equipment removed. I want to put it back. Who sells the best parts to do that?

2) I need door panels. Classic Industries has them but it states specifically FOR BUCKET SEAT CARS. My car has a bench seat. Does it really make a difference and if it does, why?

3) I need some driver's side rear window chrome trim......would someone please point me in the right direction?

Thank you all.

Willbgone

The only coronets available with bucket seats in 67 were the 500 and R/T, and the panels would differ visually from other models.with bench seats, such as the coronet 440.

Retro air is your best bet for AC. It’s not OEM but it’s a complete kit

The only coronets available with bucket seats in 67 were the 500 and R/T, and the panels would differ visually from other models.with bench seats, such as the coronet 440.
Thanks for the reply.
I don't care about the visual. The guy that "fixed" my car just put on a slab of cardboard. I want real door panels. Will the ones for bucket seats fit? The guy at Classic Industries didn't know.

I have most everything for the A/C system off my 67 Belvedere 318 car. I am not going to use it. Would be pricey to ship as the compressor is heavy. Where are you located?

Charger and 500 door panels have carpet along the bottom.

The pattern is slightly different.

They will work fine on a 440 model.

technically, any door panel from a 2 door B body (non-Charger) from 66 to 1070 will fit and work.

Legendary site should have pics to compare.

Charger and 500 door panels have carpet along the bottom.

The pattern is slightly different.

They will work fine on a 440 model.

technically, any door panel from a 2 door B body (non-Charger) from 66 to 1070 will fit and work.

Legendary site should have pics to compare.
Thank you for the information.

Juts a quick inquiry... None of my cars have factory AC. But if you did, are the aftermarket kit designed for that big hole in the fire wall? I’m thinking of putting a new kit in my ‘68 GTX I’m building.

Juts a quick inquiry... None of my cars have factory AC. But if you did, are the aftermarket kit designed for that big hole in the fire wall? I’m thinking of putting a new kit in my ‘68 GTX I’m building.
Vintage Air kits route all the A/C and heater hoses out through the suspension adjustment hole in the inner fender, and bring them in through the side of the cowl. Then they have a big blank plate that bolts over the original A/C holes in the firewall.

Auto Transport Service
Back