• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 Coronet Rear Frame Rail / Wheel House Options

Matthew J

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:46 AM
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to the 67 B-bodies, so I have some newbie questions.

I recently bought a 67 Coronet with some rusty rear frame rails that will need to be replaced. Nobody seems to repo them, and used seem like they will be hard to find. Is it possible to modify the 68-70 AMD rails to fit, or are they completely different?

Also, AMD does not list 67 Coronet as one of the cars that their inner wheel houses will fit. I thought they were all the same for 66-70 B-bodies. Are the 67 Coronet inner wheel houses different?

I'm already resigned to scrounging for 1/4 panels. Wish AMD would show the 67s a little more love. Any advice is appreciated!

Hi, I'm new to the 67 B-bodies, so I have some newbie questions.

I recently bought a 67 Coronet with some rusty rear frame rails that will need to be replaced. Nobody seems to repo them, and used seem like they will be hard to find. Is it possible to modify the 68-70 AMD rails to fit, or are they completely different?

Also, AMD does not list 67 Coronet as one of the cars that their inner wheel houses will fit. I thought they were all the same for 66-70 B-bodies. Are the 67 Coronet inner wheel houses different?

I'm already resigned to scrounging for 1/4 panels. Wish AMD would show the 67s a little more love. Any advice is appreciated!
Joe Phillips Restoration makes full quarters, drop offs 1/2 quarters and maybe other parts. Appears to be some happy customers on this site.

AMD lists their inner wheel houses as all 66 -70 B bodies. No one makes outers for 66 -67 coronet, as far as I know. As mentioned above, check with Joe Phillips. The 68 -70 frame rails are the same basic shape as the 66-67, but have minor differences such as the fuel tank strap mounting points.

AMD lists their inner wheel houses as all 66 -70 B bodies. No one makes outers for 66 -67 coronet, as far as I know. As mentioned above, check with Joe Phillips. The 68 -70 frame rails are the same basic shape as the 66-67, but have minor differences such as the fuel tank strap mounting points.
Thank you for the info. Being a Roadrunner guy up till now, it really helps. The thing that threw me about AMD inner wheel house is if you set your vehicle as 67 Coronet it doesn't show up in available parts. Also, it isn't listed in vehicle applications, even though 67 Charger and 67 GTX are. To make it more confusing, other websites sell the same AMD inner wheelhouse as correct for the 67 Coronet.

amd-wheel-house.png

Thank you for the info. Being a Roadrunner guy up till now, it really helps. The thing that threw me about AMD inner wheel house is if you set your vehicle as 67 Coronet it doesn't show up in available parts. Also, it isn't listed in vehicle applications, even though 67 Charger and 67 GTX are. To make it more confusing, other websites sell the same AMD inner wheelhouse as correct for the 67 Coronet.

View attachment 1377484
Look at the photo of inner panel you are displaying above...

check it out before you buy it.

my 2 cents worth.

Last edited:
Look at the photo of inner panel you are displaying above... it does not show it fully as it should.

its missing the part where it meets the outer skin panel at the wheel opening...

you may have to fill it in yourself.... check it out before you buy it.

my 2 cents worth.
The outer wheelhouse meets the quarter panel, not the inner.

have rear rails from 67 coronet that were drilled at welds, shock crossmember and rear member still attached. not sure how much shipping would be could send picture if interested, some rust by bumper plates, rust is on crossmember not rails,alabama car

Last edited:
also i do not live on computer so it might be a day before reply

Joe Phillips Restoration makes full quarters, drop offs 1/2 quarters and maybe other parts. Appears to be some happy customers on this site.
I spoke to Joe recently and he does not make the inner wheel house panel.

He is making a partial panel and can make it full 8 ft panel down to any size you might want.

He made my left side full panel below.
fenn.jpg
fennn.jpg

We have some framerails both sets are still in the body shell, non Michigan cars. Also have a good
pair of inner wheel houses too, which would not take too long to remove. If you may be interested
just let us know.

have rear rails from 67 coronet that were drilled at welds, shock crossmember and rear member still attached. not sure how much shipping would be could send picture if interested, some rust by bumper plates

If they are in pretty good shape, I would be interested for sure...

Matt, I was going to PM you.... but my inbox is full and the conversation page will not let me delete
any old messages, as I intended on sending you a pm tonight on what parts we have here. I will try
again tomorrow to send you a pm.

have rear rails from 67 coronet that were drilled at welds, shock crossmember and rear member still attached. not sure how much shipping would be could send picture if interested, some rust by bumper plates, rust is on crossmember not rails,alabama car
I might be interested if shipping isn't crazy. I need the rear bumper crossmember too... mine is completely disintegrated.

Auto Transport Service
Back