• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 Fury questions....4 speed?

bandit67

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:09 PM
Reaction score
My car buds ask me today if I would interested in a 67 Fury two door with factory four speed. No motor or trans, looks all complete for salvage yard price. My thoughts were it was prolly a three speed on the column, 318 car, as they said the pedals and all were there. But, I know little about C bodies, but did they make any four speed C bodies back then? Would the vin or fender tag tell for sure...thanks.

Yeah, they made them. A local couple had a '67 Fury convertible with 383, 4-speed.

Rare, but they did make with 4 speeds. They also used the same condole as the 64-65 b bodies but it was actually a bit longer.

I once came a across a 66 Fury 4 door with a factory 4 speed. How rare is that? Bench seat, Inland shifter, and a carpeted hump in the floor.
This was on a used car lot in the 1970s.

I've seen one.

383-4.

Fast top.

881 blue (B5)

In fact, a FBBO member came to FL and bought it from the salvage yard it was in.

Last edited:
I have a 68 monaco 500 440hp 18spline /D53 rear. The plymouths were slightly more common than the Dodges.
There's a few different 4 spd threads over on FCBO.

Years ago when I had my 67 sport fury at a car show I came across another 67 sport fury with a factory 440 4 speed. The only time I’ve seen one.

So now you guys really got me curious, if the rear end is factory and its a Dana, a 440 four speed for sure, so, an 8 3/4 would be 383, and 318 would prolly have a 7 1/4....is that right?

If the car is in salvageable condition then I'm sure someone over on FCBO will buy it, if it's rough then the pedal assembly, Z-bar, frame bracket and floor tunnel are worth good coin!

It is a Dana 53

1B7898F0-7D08-4A34-9534-0F03EA51BBE6.jpeg

I remember it having a small pinion similar to the 741 8.75

Dana 53 is a truck rear end

Auto Transport Service
Back