• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 GTX Dash Harness

moparchris

Local time
6:16 PM
Reaction score
So I'm ready to install the dash on my GTX and I want to make sure I know what the plug that is pictured is for. It appears to be designed to go through the fire wall very close to the bulkhead connector. However I cannot find it shown in any wiring harness drawings and there is not a hole in my firewall that I can seem to use for it to pass through into the engine compartment.
Any suggestions??

IMG_1091.JPG IMG_1092.JPG

I may be wrong, but i think it plugs into the steering column harness.

No plug for it on the steering column harness. I will look at the auto trans suggestion. My car's a stick, so maybe that's why I don't see a hole in the firewall for it??

Yup. auto trans reverse wiring. No need for that!! Thanks Copper67sat!!!!

No plug for it on the steering column harness. I will look at the auto trans suggestion. My car's a stick, so maybe that's why I don't see a hole in the firewall for it??
Sorry Chris. I remembered seeing it by my column and assumed.

Sorry Chris. I remembered seeing it by my column and assumed.
@Aarons Air you weren't wrong. I checked my spare col. shift column and it does connect down near the bottom so this dash harness is for a col. shift auto car.

OP has a 4 spd. I don't know what it uses for the b/u lamp switch.

Auto Transport Service
Back