• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 gtx hood scoops

People are not perfect, but I think there would have been several quality checks that would have prevented that from happening. Why do you ask?

People are not perfect, but I think there would have been several quality checks that would have prevented that from happening. Why do you ask?
I know a man who graduated high school on 65 and joined the Navy. He ordered his gtx in early 67 from a dealer in Norfolk VA and said he ordered it without scoops. He still has the car and it still has no scoops but does have the scoops in the trunk in factory packaging. He showed me a picture of him by the car from 67 with no scoops this car has never been painted it has 36500 miles on it

It would really be an undertaking to get a car built that way on the line. Probably possible but unlikely. I would more suspect he told the dealer he would buy the car but only if he could get it get it without the hood scoops. So they got a Belvedere hood, painted it and installed it before delivery.

I know a man who graduated high school on 65 and joined the Navy. He ordered his gtx in early 67 from a dealer in Norfolk VA and said he ordered it without scoops. He still has the car and it still has no scoops but does have the scoops in the trunk in factory packaging. He showed me a picture of him by the car from 67 with no scoops this car has never been painted it has 36500 miles on it
I can see that happening in 67, as I ordered my first new car in 67 and I got exactly what I ordered. I also know a person that ordered a 70 Charger Hemi R/T that told the dealership that if it showed up with a Hemi emblems he wouldn't take it. The car remains unrestored to this day and has never had a Hemi emblem on it. He told me that the dealership called him before the car was unloaded from the truck. So, yes I can see that back when the customer came first.

I can see that happening in 67, as I ordered my first new car in 67 and I got exactly what I ordered. I also know a person that ordered a 70 Charger Hemi R/T that told the dealership that if it showed up with a Hemi emblems he wouldn't take it.

For insurance reasons?? We changed fender BB to SB emblems on some chevelles for this reason " back in the Day"......

For insurance reasons?? We changed fender BB to SB emblems on some chevelles for this reason " back in the Day"......
My first new car a 67 Satellite 383 4-speed, was listed on insurance as a Plymouth Belvedere V8, straight shift. Tremendously cheaper than listing with the bigger engine, higher trim level, and the 4-speed.

Auto Transport Service
Back