• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB 67 GTX Non AC Dash Frame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will a NON AC dash frame from a 1966 Plymouth Belvedere work?

I can get pics if needed.

im not sure but ill take some ppics if you have them . ill check on the 66

Okay sounds good. Here's a rough pic of it for now (see red arrow). I can get more better pics in the daylight tomorrow.

Dash Frame 01.jpg

I have a nice 67' Coronet frame, Tomorrow I can match it up to the 67' Plymouth spare I keep around.

A 66 is different at the area where the column passes through the dash and the trim that covers the opening is smaller. A 66 column is smaller diameter than 67.
You cannot just cut these bigger, there is a flange around this opening. The chrome U shape trim is metal on 66 and plastic on 67. The bottom cover is 5e same materials, 66 metal, 67 plastic.

Coronet dash is different, the gauge cluster run’s all the way across and meets the glove box door-there is no metal between the gauge cluster and glove box door like a Plymouth has.

So they are all different from each other, Ply & Dodge, 1966 and 1967. 4 unique dash frames. Then AC frames have provisions for the center AC vents. Unsure if they are cut outs or if holes are stamped in with a flange.

Last edited:
A 66 is different at the area where the column passes through the dash and the trim that covers the opening is smaller. A 66 column is smaller diameter than 67.

Coronet dash is different, the gauge cluster run’s all the way across and meets the glove box door-there is no metal between the gauge cluster and glove box door like a Plymouth has.

So they are all different from each other, Ply & Dode, 1966 and 1967. 4 unique dash frames.

Wow great info, good to know, thanks!! I did know about the steering column cover plate being different (66 vs 67), now I know why.

To the OP, looks like a no go unless you want to cut away some metal around the steering column archway.

So if I had to guess the most popular to least popular 1966-67 Plymouth & Doge B Body dash frames would go like this:

1. 1967 Plymouth
2. 1966 Dodge
3. 1967 Dodge
4. 1966 Plymouth

You still looking for a '67 dash frame? Mine won't work unless you do some modifying around the steering column cutout.

HOWEVER, I have a lead on someone who has a '67 Plymouth B Body dash frame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back