• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 GTX TACH question HELP !

XMAN JR

Local time
9:08 PM
Reaction score
My dad bought a new circuit board for his tach in his 67 gtx. Has anyone done this to theirs ? He bought a new circuit board from RT ENGINEERING. He didn't get any instructions with it. He bought it some time ago & now just getting to it. We have some questions but there site is down. Thanks OK we got the tach rebuilt & everything is 100% We have one problem. With the car running the tach reads 0 You rev it up & the tach moves. In the mean time every 3 seconds you will hear a clicking noise from behind the dash area. When you hear the clicking noise the tach stops working. Then you count to 5 the tach works again. So I found the clicking noise is coming from the wiper motor switch. I unplugged the wiper switch & now the tach doesn't work at all. Not sure is this means anything but the wiper switch is NEW & when you go to turn the wipers off you have to turn them off by the ignition switch. Not sure what the wipers have to do with the tach. Now the wiper motor is a 3 speed motor. The wiper switch has 2 clicks. My dad cant remember if he bought a 2 or a 3 speed switch. Anyone have any ideas ?

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back