• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 gtx tach wiring help

XMAN JR

Local time
12:08 AM
Reaction score
Working on my dads 67 gtx. Someone cut up the wires on the tach. Can anyone tell me where the tach wire that goes to the coil comes through the fire wall ?

plymouth-gtx-hemi-4--16_1600x0w.jpg

Part 0 Cover - 01.jpg
Good information...
http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/_1967AccessoriesCatalog-01.shtml?load_img=28
a 1967 Plymouth GTX that has a factory console tach. or a Vacuum tach… It was a special order from acc…..

Wiring….The green lead goes to the distributor negative side, the orange wire is for the internal light, the black wire is the ground, and the violet wire is the positive voltage supply.

Thanks for the drivers seat picture, pops. I have never seen that tach before on a 67, very cool.

your service manual will have the info on what wires go to the coil....look in the wire diagram section

We know what wires go where. What we don't know is where the coil wire goes through the firewall. I know where the coil wire goes through the firewall on 68s & 69s. Does it go through the balk head ?

Again, your service manual will show where the wire goes through the firewall and in what slot on the bulkhead connector

My dad has a 67 manual & it doesn't show where or how it goes through.

Is there a firewall plug with one wire about the size of a quarter? Tack was an accessory which normally was not wired threw the bulkhead.

On my dads 68 gtx there is a plug with the tack wire coming through the firewall. Also there is one on my 69 barracuda coming through about the same area. There is no factory hole in the firewall on my dads 67 gtx for the tack/coil wire.

Yep that is where it is on my dads 68 gtx & my 69 barracuda. No whole there on my dads 67 gtx. Now we know the car came with a tack. M y dad ordered it with a tack.

Auto Transport Service
Back