• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 GTX - What is it worth?

67GTX440

Local time
5:43 PM
Reaction score
Take a look and give me a ballpark idea of what you think this car is worth.

Just completed my 67 GTX. PS,PB and factory air car. Everything works. All drum brakes.
Under dash heat and A/C box rebuilt by Classic Air. All new under hood components from Classic Air. I did replace the Mopar compressor with a much smaller and more efficient Sandin unit. Air works really well. Just out of two stage paint, sand and buff this month. Not show quality but a nice paint job by a professional paint shop. I replaced the front floor pans on both sides and put on full length quarter panel bottoms. Trunk and frame 100% solid. Car has never been out of Florida. Floor pan rust due to windshield corner leaks over the past 50 years. Very minor rust on bottom of quarter panels - mostly replaced due to prior owner shaving inner wheel well lip to accommodate 8 inch wheels. Also replaced the roof due to rust that developed under the original vinyl top. New 15" by 7" Magnum wheels with BFG Radial TA's - 205's front and 225's rear. All new repop exterior and interior emblems, trunk panel, remote side mirror, hood emblem, hood scoop bezels, gas cap, gauge bezel and glove box door, taillight bezels and all console chrome. New repop tail light lenses and parking light lenses. Bumpers professionally replated as well as radio bezel and knobs, horn ring and visor mounts. Windshield and rear window stainless polished. Seat springs front and rear powder coated and professionally reupholstered with new foam and legendary interior. New legendary door panels, headliner and sun visors. New carpet. New shocks, leaf springs, parking brake cables and brake lines. New gas tank and straps. Dash powder coated. New dash harness, AC harness, taillight and headlight harnesses. Original engine and transmission, both rebuild by prior owner. Runs strong and shifts smoothly. Factory AM radio converted internally to become an AM/FM four channel 35 watt per channel. Two channel center speaker in front and two 6 by 9 rear speakers in rear under perforated speaker package tray. No speakers visible. Have certicard and all build information from Chrysler Historic Registry including copy of build punch card. Car was originally dark green metallic with a black vinyl top, but changed to black (including trunk and engine bay) and vinyl top removed when prior owner repainted 25 years ago. Car was on the cover of a magazine and the feature story in 1997. The fender tag is a reproduction and matches the original build information.

Here is a link to picture slideshow:

http://s700.photobucket.com/user/grover1951/slideshow/?sort=2

Last edited:
Great looking car. I hate to say but the $29k isn't too far off. I would hope you could get into the low to mid $30s though.

Car looks great! What are you looking for numbers for, sale, insurance, just curious? I would say an ask of mid to upper $30s and expect $29-$32k. Might get higher with the right buyer. Unfortunately 67s are not where the money is currently. As a fellow 67 owner, I hope that changes. Love your car!

Is that the one that was for sale for 23K in the Daytona area a couple years ago?

Is that the one that was for sale for 23K in the Daytona area a couple years ago?
I bought the car five years ago from a guy in Williston, FL about 80 years old who had owned it for 25 years or so.
I think I know the car you are talking about in Daytona and it was black with a white interior. I think it was still for sale not that long ago on Craigslist.

That is probably real close, and maybe a little less. Plus that assumes all my labor has been free! That is about where I stand. LOL
I think many of us here are in the same boat, but for whatever reason, we keep doing it!

$25K - $35K is probably realistic.

Auto Transport Service
Back