• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 HEMI GTX & 70 HEMI RR Pure Stock Drag-racing.

66ChargerHI-PO

Local time
9:48 PM
Reaction score
Check it out. 67 HEMI GTX & 70 HEMI RR pure stock drag-racing. I like this guys videos, he gives a description and specs about the cars, videos them running down the strip, then posts the RT & MPH. I must have watched 3-4 of em already. Let me know what you think.

Being a 67 Hemi X fan, I had to see this one, and my pick pulled it off.

Check it out. 67 HEMI GTX & 70 HEMI RR pure stock drag-racing. I like this guys videos, he gives a description and specs about the cars, videos them running down the strip, then posts the RT & MPH. I must have watched 3-4 of em already. Let me know what you think.

I have seen the pure stock cars run & they are very impressive.

I can't say that I'm up on pure stock racing, but I don't think 4.30 and 4.56 gears are pure stock. They are both impressive cars, just saying.

Restored an A 990 a few years back, came stock witch with 4:56. I think rules say whatever you could order. Spellcheck is kickin my azzz

Being able to launch and go with a HEMI under the hood, 4.XX gears, and those tires blows my mind!
I have the feeling that without experienced go pedal modulation, those tires could be spun/smoked 2/3rds of the way down the 1320.

I don't know this for sure, but I think the narrator may be a current F.A.S.T. racer with a black road runner....Dudek?

Being able to launch and go with a HEMI under the hood, 4.XX gears, and those tires blows my mind!
I have the feeling that without experienced go pedal modulation, those tires could be spun/smoked 2/3rds of the way down the 1320.
Or more. I had a 67 Satellite 383 in the day and if I didn't care about times I could smoke tires better than 1/2 of the 1320. Could also go through all 4 gears and not move 15 feet. Experienced YES.

Before I grenaded (happily) the spider gears in the open, 3.30 Ring and Pinion gearset Pontiac 8.2" rear axle, I had reached 1/2 track in the quarter mile and figured I could finally floor it, opening up the Tripower on the built 421....
Smoked the redline skinny radial tire at a 60 mph roll...
The Quick Performance 9" w/3.80s UMI suspension parts and Toyo Proxes TQ drag radials is doing MUCH better.

If I remember right. The car has to look like it did from the factory. You can have internal mods. For an example- if your car came with front drum you can run front disk or even rear disk as long as you use some sort of cover to cover them up. So you cant see them.

I've seen the F.A.S.T. cars go low 1.50 60ft on poly glass tires. Pure stock allows slight cam deviation, G70 or G60 tire, any gear, electric fuel pump. I believe that's it. Pure stickers runs below 11.50 are thrown out do to being illegal (no roll bar allowed in PS). That being said there are more than a few in that range.
Doug

Watch the front tire on the Chevelle

Doms impala and brians Challenger are both stick cars.Brian ran Bill Atwoods 6 pack X.Stock APPEARING on original type bias tire you can race in this class. Sure there are more details but if you fit in this is a GREAT group of cars!!

Funny when we are at the track and the stock appearing cars are faster than some dedicated race cars!
Or with the development of diesel tuners, when the tow vehicle is faster or at least more entertaining to watch than the "race car" it trailered there!

Pure Stock Racing and F.A.S.T. Racing are completely different.
Engines must be completely stock configuration.
Gear ratios must be what option the car came with.
My Pure Stock car completely legit for Pure Stock Racing went 12.20s at Martin, Michigan and 11.90 at Atco Dragway.

Auto Transport Service
Back