• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 High pressure power steering hose

AR67GTX

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:49 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone have a 66/67 with an original high pressure PS hose still in place. I'm assuming it doesn't look like this one that loops up to within about 2 inches of the radiator support?

IMG_4601_zpskfxtt95o.jpg

I checked with Firm Feel today since I was buying a new PS pump seal kit and described it to him and asked about his replacement. He said it will be the same. I asked, you mean it will loop all the way up by the radiator? He said, Yep - they're all the same. Actually, his whole attitude was sort of as if he couldn't care less if he sold me anything.

Assuming the factory one really didn't look like this - has anyone found a reasonably stock looking one from anyone?

Thanks

off my 66 Coronet

hose doesn’t run up to rad support but down and back to gear box. maybe you need a shorter hose

it may be a while before i get a number off the hose

watermelon

42537019-3D7E-4840-A6FD-602C57FA5426.jpeg 032F27D8-DCF9-4796-9613-A8DDA615E4C2.jpeg

That's what I would have expected. I wonder if anyone is still stocking the correct hose. Mine looks out of place.

Photos of oem
IMG_0454.JPG
IMG_0452.JPG
IMG_0452.JPG
IMG_0451.JPG
IMG_0450.JPG
IMG_0449.JPG
IMG_0448.JPG
IMG_0453.JPG

I purchase from steer & gear of Chicago. But I did find a nos on eBay but it was pricey.

I'll check with Steer & Gear. Thanks.

if you are not purist run an oil cooler and keep hoses way away from exhaust
on hoses fewest/ largest radius bends give you more flow
what's everyone doing for ps fluid for the Thompson (TRW)/ Chrysler/ Federal pump StaLube DCd it
There is a reason Mopar used it on the HP cars versus the GM vane Pump

Does anyone have a 66/67 with an original high pressure PS hose still in place. I'm assuming it doesn't look like this one that loops up to within about 2 inches of the radiator support?

View attachment 587661

I checked with Firm Feel today since I was buying a new PS pump seal kit and described it to him and asked about his replacement. He said it will be the same. I asked, you mean it will loop all the way up by the radiator? He said, Yep - they're all the same. Actually, his whole attitude was sort of as if he couldn't care less if he sold me anything.

Assuming the factory one really didn't look like this - has anyone found a reasonably stock looking one from anyone?

Thanks
I too, have always wondered why they put those extra long hoses between the pump and sector. Seems like they could have shortened them up a foot so they didn't look like some aftermarket piece. I do have to agree with the Firm Fee guy though "they're all the same"

Auto Transport Service
Back