• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

67 Pos Bat Cable repair

Durandal25

Local time
1:11 AM
Reaction score
Anyone ever replace the heat shield on their pos battery cable? What products did you use?

Thought about getting the .75 in one and cutting it length wise then it sing high temp silicone to glue it back

Durandal, if you cant repair your cable would you buy a repop? The reason im asking is because i need to buy one for the restoration of my 67 GTX, my original was chewed on by a family of mice. Do you know what vendor has the best positive cable, i would like an exact match if possible.

Durandal, if you cant repair your cable would you buy a repop? The reason im asking is because i need to buy one for the restoration of my 67 GTX, my original was chewed on by a family of mice. Do you know what vendor has the best positive cable, i would like an exact match if possible.
The repops are good, but not as good as the OEM. CLassic/YearOne/Summit all run about $122-$175 for a 67. Make sure you have a good idea exactly what your is before you buy one. They changed the connector to the starter late in 67 on some Plymouth and Dodge units. Post a pic here if you have a moment.

If can find 5/8" heat shrink red and shrink it over what you have? Maybe do a double layer might need 3/4" for second layer.

Auto Transport Service
Back