• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB 68-69 AVS Lower Air Cleaner Base

Status
Not open for further replies.

A383Wing

Local time
4:37 AM
Reaction score
My neighbor is looking for the lower air cleaner base plate for the larger AVS carb opening in the center.....we have a smaller base plate here for the AFB style carb to trade.....

If anyone has a line on the larger plate, please contact me, send me a PM here

(The outside of the baseplates are the same diameter, the only difference is the center hole size opening for the carb)

Bryan

P2100001.JPG P2100002.JPG

My neighbor is looking for the lower air cleaner base plate for the larger AVS carb opening in the center.....we have a smaller base plate here for the AFB style carb to trade.....

If anyone has a line on the larger plate, please contact me, send me a PM here

(The outside of the baseplates are the same diameter, the only difference is the center hole size opening for the carb)

Bryan

View attachment 570560 View attachment 570561
I have one from a 1968 GTS. It has a 5 inch hole but the width of the base is 13 inches. Is that wide enough?

No, this is the full size air cleaner that takes the Fram CA-127 air element

The total base diameter is 17-3/4"

Last edited:
Okay no problem- I thought it was smaller than you needed.

I have one that the base is 17-5/8" wide (1/8" smaller) and the carb hole opening is 4-1/4". Is that considered the 2 bbl or 4 bbl air cleaner?

I have one that the base is 17-5/8" wide (1/8" smaller) and the carb hole opening is 4-1/4". Is that considered the 2 bbl or 4 bbl air cleaner?
The smaller one is probably for an afb carb and the larger one is for an avs carb- both 4 barrels but different size carb mouths.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back