• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB 68-69 Plymouth B-Body Inner Fender Headlight Shields

Status
Not open for further replies.

69bfan

FBBO Vendor
FBBO Sponsor
Local time
7:46 AM
Reaction score
Interested in purchasing a single or a pair of the inner fender plastic headlight shields for a 68 to 69 Plymouth B-Body. Drop me a message if you should have them for sale. Thanks for looking.

??? plastic ??? In '69 ?!?!? A picture's worth a 1000 words !!

can you please post a pic? I don't believe I had them on my car??? or I'm starting
to go senile! Thnx!

That's what I'm thinking too. I've owned mine since '73 and don't ever recall seeing anything like that.

When I was taking my fenders off, I remember there being a mud dauber's nest up in the
front corner . JEEZ! Was thinking it would be nice to have a guard up in front!

Here`s what 69bfan is looking for, This is the left side. 2786259 LH

IMG_2340.JPG IMG_2342.JPG IMG_2341.JPG

Last edited:
and these fit inside the fenders protecting the back of the headlight area? Hmmmmmmmm!

They are side specific as well, and they really keep the **** out of the nose of the fenders. Back in the day ,if they got removed from a collision they never got replaced & the fenders would rot in no time.

I guess when I replaced my fenders back in '77 I didn't think to remove those from the originals !!

And here`s the other side 2786258 RH , rendering my 68 Road Runner passenger fender almost worthless.

IMG_2369.JPG IMG_2370.JPG IMG_2371.JPG IMG_2372.JPG

I bet they could be vacuum molded from plastic sheet and wood bucks. Heat in an oven and trim with scissors afterwards. You would have to figure out how many would sell. Part #'s not really important as they all get undercoated. Is this something that could be 3D printed?

We can do the 3D imaging and creating a mold to do the piece, but I do not know if the demand would justify the investment. It does cover the 68 and 69 Plymouth B-Body product line, but as seen here, many people are not even aware of them and not even using them. So I doubt that the majority of the people would be interested in them. Those who are interested in finding them are the type who will be looking for the part numbers and logos which will require license agreements and more cost to the project.

Those who are interested in finding them are the type who will be looking for the part numbers and logos which will require license agreements and more cost to the project.

Yup !!

Yeah, well, thanks to you guys, I have to look for what I did with mine when I took them off!
They're around here somewhere. Thanks everyone! And, Merry Christmas!

Well I thought I had a pair but I'm not finding them. Also thought someone was making them but not finding them either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back