• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 & 69 trunk lids the same ?

Bryan Refino

Local time
9:27 AM
Reaction score
I am starting to slowly restore my 1969 plymouth sport satellite, the rear of the car has been hit in the past I removed the rear quarter to change it and new trunk floor and extentions , before everything gets welded I tried to close the trunk just for a visual and it seems to be way to tight on the side that's hit , when I measured everything seems to be as it's supposed to be but the trunk does not fit , So my question is are the trunk lid dimensions the same on a 68 & 69 because I know the previous owner ummmm " improvised " in other areas to make stuff fit so I wonder if I have the wrong lid ?

They interchange. But are different in the rear cove area obviously.

I'm not sure what you mean as the cove area , if you can clarify that I'd appreciate it , I have found many people call the same thing by different names depending upon where they are from so I don't want to assume.

Thank you

different on the rear facing area, where the trunk panel goes on.

4CC67F60-541E-4A51-8BA2-BDA1D9164D05.jpeg

30E9D4EB-8E33-4C87-B356-7DAC3DB9C390.jpeg

DD9819EA-4C11-4AE8-88DF-F0AF6BC043E3.jpeg

8B136A12-C165-4A74-9AEE-A77B7ABC8105.jpeg

Last edited:
I remember a guy back in the early 80’s who had a ‘68 road runner. He wanted a ‘69 like his brother had when he was a kid. He converted everything over. I’m pretty sure the rear taillight housings and trunk lid were a direct bolt on. He did go to the trouble of switching from the round side markers to the rectangular reflectors. I think that was the only bodywork he did. He put the ‘69 air grabber setup on it as well.

Ok I need to do some more work on my end , the lid sits good on the right side gap wise and on the road side the gap along the quarter is ok but as it gets closer to the rear light then down towards the bumper it actually over laps the light housing about 1/4" or so , something else must still be bent .

Thank you

Ok I need to do some more work on my end , the lid sits good on the right side gap wise and on the road side the gap along the quarter is ok but as it gets closer to the rear light then down towards the bumper it actually over laps the light housing about 1/4" or so , something else must still be bent .

Thank you
Any pictures?

Auto Transport Service
Back