• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOUND 68 b body fender brace

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoungGun87

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:57 AM
Reaction score
trying this again
seeing if anyone has a junk fender with a good rear brace, preferably for 68 coronet although I've heard any b-body fender from 68-70 should have the same brace
also got a lead from marketplace on a pretty decent set of 68 coronet r/t fenders that the guy is asking $350 for in kentucky here https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2934315740122471
not really looking to let go of another $350 right now or I'd jump on them, still seeing what the machine shop and engine builder are going to need to complete our 440 so trying to save as much reserve funds as I can right now
thanks, fbbo

20220505_080241.jpg 20220505_080320.jpg

Is the brace that far gone? Cant you repair it?

Is the brace that far gone? Cant you repair it?
it's not too bad, I have already patched about a 2"x2" section just below the bottom hole, but getting those edge pieces and the contour right are turning out to be a pita and the metal I was going to use is just a little bit thicker gauge than the gauge of the brace itself
thinking of taking to a local body shop and getting an estimate on getting it done right if I can't manage to find just the brace
i have seen a couple guys on the forum who answered other wtb ads for other guys looking for the same piece but that was mid last year so doubtful they still got them

Patched my 72 charger brace. Once the patch panel went on over it, you couldn't tell at all.

IMG_5083.JPG

Patched my 72 charger brace. Once the patch panel went on over it, you couldn't tell at all.

View attachment 1280663
nice, guess my problem is i am too much of a perfectionist and if i know it's not just right and cleanly done, regardless if anyone would be able to see it after the fact, i would still know and it'd bug me lol
i might end up just keeping at it and see what i can do before shelling out more cash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back