• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 Charger “Hellucination”

Toxic Orange 493

Local time
3:28 PM
Reaction score
I was at the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix today watching the racing taking place at Pittsburgh International Raceway and Ralph Gilles from Stellantis brought his 68 Charger built by Speed Kore. He was at Carlisle with it on Saturday.

I got to talk to him about it a little bit and he showed me some of the pictures of the car from when he was designing it with Speed Kore and when they were building the carbon fiber panels.

I know it is probably not something that everyone likes, but I think it is a really well done and awesome car.

8627D1BD-279E-43B4-BBFC-736F57D34F20.jpeg

Helllucination

They sure did a nice job on that. Lots of potential ideas to be scored off the work to be used for our own rides.

Not my style, but I appreciate the hard work. I really like the modern take on the American Racing Vector wheels.

No vinyl top ?!?!

:wtf:

Very nice!! Thanks for sharing. I enjoy people that think outside of the box. It's a stand alone car, for me that's enough said.

To me the wheels look like a vross between vector's and J body mags.

...with de-centered rallye wheel caps.

Cool car... :thankyou:

I know it is probably not something that everyone likes....
I would surrender a duplicate organ or something like that for one of those!
Yeah, this would REALLY suck to have:
"It features a full carbon-fiber body and is powered by serial number 001 of Mopar’s 1,000-horsepower Hellephant crate engines".
:poke: :lol:
Kevin Hart's "Michael Meyers" CF Gen 3 supercharged Roadrunner is freakin' AMAZING although I'm not down with the Michael Meyers theme, especially the fake "blood spatter" on that incredible interior, but honestly, I have to skim the articles on that car because I could obsess over it.
I have actively sought out an actual carbon fiber construction hood with the A12 style scoop for my 70 Roadrunner. Natural dark gray/black color on my Lemon Twist and Black Roadrunner would be amazing and functional.

Awesome car, and the hood scoop looks "ok" to "nice" but it doesn't appear to be functional at all, other than maybe reduce under hood temperatures.
One million times better than the ExoMod.
We will have to just disagree about that. I haven't seen either in person, so you might be "right" although it's mostly "subjective" there may be "objective" differences that make one "better" than the other.
1684169233183.png

1684169324277.png

1684169361255.png

The ExoMod is "close", as it uses 2G Charger cues on modified panels to fit a current Challenger platform. I like the SpeedKore stuff because it is direct-fit replacement panels for a real 2G Charger - if any of us wanted (and had the $), we could re-skin a "real" 68-70 car in carbon fiber with no mods. I like that. To me though, a Charger doesn't look right with a hood scoop, or without the two scallops in the hood. They match the door, and just scream "CHARGER" to me. A flat hood with a scoop, to me, belongs on a Road Runner, or an A or E body.

the hood scoop looks "ok" to "nice" but it doesn't appear to be functional at all, other than maybe reduce under hood temperatures.
If you look across the fenders, it's a clearance issue - that blower is TALL, they had to modify the hood to clear it (and cowl induction is a GM thing). But I still don't like a scoop on a Charger.

But I still don't like a scoop on a Charger.
My 71 R/T Charger had the ornamental louvered hood insert where a Ramcharger scoop would go. I think both of those look great, but I agree about not having a scoop on the 68-70 Charger. It doesn't look right.
Thanks for the info on the ExoMod being a modified "new" generation Challenger. That certainly makes a big difference in what the 2 different cars are.

My 71 R/T Charger had the ornamental louvered hood insert where a Ramcharger scoop would go. I think both of those look great, but I agree about not having a scoop on the 68-70 Charger. It doesn't look right.
Thanks for the info on the ExoMod being a modified "new" generation Challenger. That certainly makes a big difference in what the 2 different cars are.
Ayuh. It's a current-gen SRT Challenger under a new skin:

Repeat to Yourself: It’s not a 1968 Charger, It’s not a 1968 Charger …

002-exo-mod-c68-1968-dodge-charger-top-right.jpg

Look at the greenhouse (glass) - tilt and curve of the windshield, flush fit side glass...Challenger.

And...

003-exo-mod-c68-interior-white.jpg

The proportions are close...but they have to fit the modern chassis and interior in the end.

Auto Transport Service
Back