• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 Charger Carb Gasket

Macdon221

Local time
2:19 PM
Reaction score
Good Day All,

440 Carter Carb 4429S....The original Carb gasket (Part number 2899 145) was it of open design or 4 holed design?

Thanks

Macdon221

You could also use a Mr. Gasket #55C.
Square bore 4 hole 1 11/16".

hmmm... Walker kit 15435A for that carb (I just last week rebuilt my 4429S after the car sat for 30 years) came with an open gasket which is fine because I'm running a dual plane manifold that has each half open.

And don't order from Carbs Unlimited for that carb. I found out the hard way that their site specifies the wrong kit for the 4429S (accelerator pump and body gasket are wrong). Took two weeks to get the correct one after getting Walker on them. Waiting to see if they try charging me again. Heard good comments about Mike's Carb Parts from Walker rep.

Last edited:
Agree with Mikey. Mike's Carbs is good for kits. Confirm that your accelerator pump bore is 11/16 and not 3/4 prior to ordering a kit. Found that out the hard way.

Auto Transport Service
Back