• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 charger colors

Well, although not exact science, but there were roughly 5% of the 258 cars on the 68 Charger registry that originally came as MM1 bronze.

Ok
Well, although not exact science, but there were roughly 5% of the 258 cars on the 68 Charger registry that originally came as MM1 bronze.
thank you. I have a 68 Rt and am looking at selling it. Would like to get a value on the vehicle. I would consider it a good driver.

Numbers matching engine/trans? Fender tag & broadcast sheet? Damage/rust? Modified?

Numbers matching engine/trans? Fender tag & broadcast sheet? Damage/rust? Modified?
Engine is from a 75 New Yorker and is a 440. 727 torque. Plum crazy purple, rust free car, one off foose wheels, disc brakes, black vinyl top.

Bronze on a 68 is beyond rare. I drove them when new and thru 1986 as drivers, and I have owned many. But i have seen only one Bronze Charger, in 1978 in Phoenix.

Bronze on a 68 is beyond rare. I drove them when new and thru 1986 as drivers, and I have owned many. But i have seen only one Bronze Charger, in 1978 in Phoenix.

Without factory records, there is no way to know color distribution for 1968 especially if we rely on personal observation and memory.

As far as I know, the MM1 was a '67-'68 offering, although I have spoken to someone I met at Carlisle that said his '66 Chrysler was an original MM1 car.
EDIT: After a little research with PPG factory chips the MM1 appears to have been available from 66-68.

Last edited:
image.jpg
Do you have a pic of the fender tag
I do.

Anyone know where I could find a 340 AAR Cuda motor? I have a project I am working on.

Under the S to the right of MM1 there should be some code number for black, white, red, or stripe deleted. That would be interesting to see what the broadcast sheet would have designated for your car. I know a guy that has a 68 R/T since '82 and his sheet says black stripe, but the fender tag says stripe delete. I'm sure things like that happened more than we know.

Under the S to the right of MM1 there should be some code number for black, white, red, or stripe deleted. That would be interesting to see what the broadcast sheet would have designated for your car. I know a guy that has a 68 R/T since '82 and his sheet says black stripe, but the fender tag says stripe delete. I'm sure things like that happened more than we know.
As you can see there is a B on the left of the MM1 does that help?

That's for black upper door frame color.

Auto Transport Service
Back