• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 Charger console shifter orginal or repop?

Yennes

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:54 PM
Reaction score
Hi FBBO,

i bought some console shifter to build a console for my 68 charger. I disassembled the shifter and removed the knob on the top side. I noticed that one is made out of plastic and one out of pot metal. Both with chrome finish.

Can someone tell me if both were installed back then or wich one is original? Maybe I bought a repop. I am not sure.

Maybe some of you already bought a reproduction and can tell me what the push down knob is made of!

Would be nice!

Thank you!
AC69110A-EF42-4514-B9A5-C24D5C197318.jpeg
43F55A81-18A9-4867-9BDA-391C2383CD8E.jpeg

Hi FBBO,

i bought some console shifter to build a console for my 68 charger. I disassembled the shifter and removed the knob on the top side. I noticed that one is made out of plastic and one out of pot metal. Both with chrome finish.

Can someone tell me if both were installed back then or wich one is original? Maybe I bought a repop. I am not sure.

Maybe some of you already bought a reproduction and can tell me what the push down knob is made of!

Would be nice!

Thank you!
View attachment 1456346View attachment 1456347
Pot metal ones were on 66-67 b body Chargers, and probably other b bodies. Don’t know about later years. I have seen some with a plastic button, but don’t know what year. Fairly certain some came from Chrysler.

Auto Transport Service
Back