• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 charger dash vin needed

Barracudajim

Local time
1:33 AM
Reaction score
Hello guys I have a 68 Dodge charger RT 440 that I’m piecing back together fender tag was still on the car but the dash is gone I’d like to have an RT 440 vin tag but Any 68 charger tag will do so I can get a registration for the car if you have a dash with a vin or just a vin tag. Give me a call or text me with a picture and price at [ No phone numbers allowed in Posts - please read and follow the rules ] thanks Jim

You will have to get a state issued VIN from your BMV. Doing it the other way is fraud.

Someone told me that I could use the fender tag to get a Vin tag made I called the guy in Connecticut and talk to him and he said I can’t do that I don’t have any registration at all for the car there is no titles in New York State for 68 if anyone has any info on someone I could contact to make a Vin please let me know I just want to try to get this car back together so I can register it

Oh....so you found/stole a fender tag and want to make a regular Charger into an R/T and cash in on the hot market.

That's what it smells like to me. Sorry Charlie. I hope nobody helps you.

Call your highway patrol. They'll tell you how to register your car. Pulling vin tags off any other car is a big no no, and could put you behind bars WHEN caught.

Yeah, sorry dude, that is highly illegal. I agree with JB400 that your State's Highway Patrol is the only way (if then) you will ever be able to register that car.

Just to set the record straight I didn’t find a fender tag the car that I have has the fender tag and the sequence number on the tag matches the radiator support number and the number inside the trunk lip I’m not trying to Turn a 318 car into a 440 car this car is the real deal I’m just not sure of the right way of going about it I would love to have this car still remain what it is and get a Vin tag

Having a state issued vin will not change anything with the car. It still has the fender tag, so most of the heritage of the car is intact. Your car will not have an original vin unless you are able to find your original dash.

Sounds like a call to your State Police it the next step Jim. I've heard of a few guy going that route. Some hoops to jump through but legal and gets you a real registration.

Just to set the record straight I didn’t find a fender tag the car that I have has the fender tag and the sequence number on the tag matches the radiator support number and the number inside the trunk lip I’m not trying to Turn a 318 car into a 440 car this car is the real deal I’m just not sure of the right way of going about it I would love to have this car still remain what it is and get a Vin tag
Having a state issued vin will not change anything with the car. It still has the fender tag, so most of the heritage of the car is intact. Your car will not have an original vin unless you are able to find your original dash.
OK awesome that’s good to know

If I remember correctly, 68's and earlier fender tags don't have all the info on them to match with vin tags. It wasn't until 69 and later.

If I remember correctly, 68's and earlier fender tags don't have all the info on them to match with vin tags. It wasn't until 69 and later.

Correct. The tag would however have the sequence number on it that matches the stamped Shipping Number (VON) in the trunk lip and the core support. Atleast that matches so they can be tied together.
:thumbsup:

Yes the numbers and the radiator support and trunk lid to match the fender tag. Thank you for the help guys I guess that’s the route I will have to take I will post some pictures of the fender tag and other parts of the car that match it as soon as I can figure out how to do it LOL

Thread moved out of the classified section.....

the crime of it all is a that people actually believe that **** is ok and continue to do it.

Who did you call in ct for info?

Auto Transport Service
Back