• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 Charger door panel removal

Car #4

Local time
4:07 PM
Reaction score
I'm still learning my way through this car. Passenger door won't open from the outside so I need to get inside the door. How do I remove the panel?
Is the midline trim attached to the upper or lower panel or neither?
I have trim removal tools but don't want to start prying without more knowledge. What holds the panel in place?
Window crank, door handle and armrest are removed.

I'm still learning my way through this car. Passenger door won't open from the outside so I need to get inside the door. How do I remove the panel?
Is the midline trim attached to the upper or lower panel or neither?
I have trim removal tools but don't want to start prying without more knowledge. What holds the panel in place?
Window crank, door handle and armrest are removed.
Lots of great vids on this on you tube, but for me.....I remove the arm rest and door handle from the inside first, add a bit of frog tape to the little panel pry bar and work the clips out from bottom to top.....taking into account to support the backer board very carefully depending on its condition. It lakes very little force to get them out unless they are rusted.....and if they are work them very, very slowly....be patient.

The panel goes under the midline trim that is attached to the upper pad. There are reusable clips that slide into slots on the hardboard backing that push into the door holes. Hope this helps

Got it done guys. First time I used my new trim tools. Was really glad to have them.
The clip that holds the door button rod onto the mechanism was laying in the bottom of the door and the rod had come off the pin. I hope that doesn't become a recurring problem.
Thanks for the help.

Nice going. If it does, now you're an expert at fixing it, lol!

Got it done guys. First time I used my new trim tools. Was really glad to have them.
The clip that holds the door button rod onto the mechanism was laying in the bottom of the door and the rod had come off the pin. I hope that doesn't become a recurring problem.
Thanks for the help.

Auto Transport Service
Back