• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'68 Charger gauge repair

44070dart

Local time
9:54 PM
Reaction score
Just picked up a '68 Charger and I want to pull the dash panel to cleanup and repair gauges .. any advice or any things to look for.

Pretty straightforward. Consider going to a new solid state voltage regulator, others will say the old vibrators are the way to go, but to each their own. The plastic lens retaining clips tend to rust and break as well. Novus 2 on a buffing pad can do wonders for the lens. Here's a before and after of mine.
before_dash_original.jpg
instrument _done.jpg

I looked on search and didn't get the right ones I guess.. thanks
Pretty straightforward. Consider going to a new solid state voltage regulator, others will say the old vibrators are the way to go, but to each their own. The plastic lens retaining clips tend to rust and break as well. Novus 2 on a buffing pad can do wonders for the lens. Here's a before and after of mine.
View attachment 830241 View attachment 830242

Very nice work.. that is what mine needs to look like.. I thought, for a very short moment, of putting in an aftermarket with a new aluminum dash insert, but factory is how they should look. Picking it up in Ontario this Sunday, can't wait to get to the little things this car needs. Just bought my all time favorite car again. Last one I had was 1979. thanks

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back