• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 Charger hood hinge bolts

turbine68rt

Turbine Bronze Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:04 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the correct finish should be for the 4 hood to hinge mounting bolts? Body color? Black phosphate?

20200402_200344.jpg

Ditto to above. I have been working on Mopars since I was a teenager in the 1970s, and every hood I have taken off has body color painted bolts.

I'd love to see how the cars were masked and **** when they went down the line to keep the paint from the engine pay and such and what was left alone....As a painter I always wanted to see that **** back then and see how it was done. I think it'd be cool.

The finish on the bolt is phosphate, then painted over. If you take an original car apart you’ll see there is no paint between the hinge and hood.

I'd love to see how the cars were masked and **** when they went down the line to keep the paint from the engine pay and such and what was left alone....As a painter I always wanted to see that **** back then and see how it was done. I think it'd be cool.
I don’t think they masked anything. Paint the engine bay and under hood. Shut it and paint the outside. That’s why the black paint on hood stripes got down on stuff in the engine bay.

I don’t think they masked anything. Paint the engine bay and under hood. Shut it and paint the outside. That’s why the black paint on hood stripes got down on stuff in the engine bay.

Yea it'd sure be cool as hell to see it all go down.
:thumbsup:

Yea it'd sure be cool as hell to see it all go down.
:thumbsup:
Theres a few vids out there of gm and ford plants but can never seem to find any plant footage of mopars during the muscle era.

Auto Transport Service
Back