• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 CHARGER INTERIOR LOWER DOOR PAINT

Tblightning

Local time
4:06 PM
Reaction score
Having owned a 68 charger for 40 plus years. There have been differing opinions on whether or not the lower internal door under the trim panel is painted body color or a satin black, The original body color is medium gold. Thanks for the help.

It is never satin black on a 66-70 B body.
This is called upper door frame color. UDF

It is seldom body color. Unless your body color is B7, F8, T7 W1, or X9. Depending on year. Some UDF colors are the same spas body colors.

This code is on your fender tag and build sheet if you have it. it’s under UDF on a 67-68. Post a photo if you need help decoding it.

When you see these painted in hemi orange, plum crazy or sublime green it totally wrong.

see photos for 68 and 69 examples. Interior code tells color and vinyl cloth leather, and seat type bench or buckets. UDF is the color of the inside of doors and rear quarter top metal piece for 2dr. Or center door post on a 4 door, and doors and all around inside of glass on a wagon.

13C55799-65B8-4426-9672-10B1E7903EAC.jpeg CBBFED74-2D9A-40A9-BF40-1CBB7757EF13.jpeg

Last edited:
I have a T7 69 charger interior is saddle tan.
Is the bottom door color on my fender tag?

I have a T7 69 charger interior is saddle tan.
Is the bottom door color on my fender tag?

UDF color is the same color over the entire inner door frame

Tan interior will have a tan color interior door frame both upper and lower

Last edited:
Having a black interior would mean the lower door section that is only viable from the inside should also be black. Not satin but gloss I would imagine.

Having a black interior would mean the lower door section that is only viable from the inside should also be black. Not satin but gloss I would imagine.

Correct straight up TX9 gloss black . And its not just the lower door section. Its everything from the door weatherstrip inward thats black

Thanks for all the info. I was correct in regards to the lower section, I did not know about the other section. Great information.

Here is a pink door with white UDF paint. This shows how the factory did it. The color difference makes it very self explanatory. Chargers with upper door pads were like this also.

The car was painted red that’s why you see that in the door jamb.
9B1E5161-55AB-4D43-AB0F-8AE9496C7FC0.jpeg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back