• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 Charger Missing Coat Hook?

turbine68rt

Turbine Bronze Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:04 PM
Reaction score
Had this car for 33 years and never touched the original headliner. It only came with a slip on coat hook on the driver's side. Passenger side never had one. No hole, nothing. Were these supposed to have 2 or just the driver's side?
20200122_172654.jpg
20200122_172734.jpg

Johnny working the right side of the line went to the shitter..... our '69 Fury II only had one on the drivers side as well.

My 68 GTX only had one as well. Something tells me this is the standard. If you think about it your coat would partially cover the passenger side window making it a driving hazard. Not so with the drivers side.

My 68 GTX only had one as well. Something tells me this is the standard. If you think about it your coat would partially cover the passenger side window making it a driving hazard. Not so with the drivers side.
I agree with what you're saying. What got me questioning it is because if you're looking to buy them they usually come in a set of 2.

My 68 Charger only had one on the driver's side - it didn't have the snap button that your headliner does - nor did it have shoulder belts so... maybe has something to do with it ?

My 68 Charger only had one on the driver's side - it didn't have the snap button that your headliner does - nor did it have shoulder belts so... maybe has something to do with it ?
Could be. I was just curious to see how a majority of other 68's were equipped. Maybe just one is the norm.

Auto Transport Service
Back