• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 charger option question

68chargerpilot

Local time
1:39 AM
Reaction score
Was the BUMBLE BEE stripe an option at any trim level or only an R/T option? I like it but mine wasn't an R/T.

Only the RT's got it (part of the Scat Pack).

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG

And you could go for a stripe delete. In 1969 if you opted for a stripe delete, you got chrome quarter panel emblems (same as on 67 Coronet R/T) in place of the stripe, but not so on a 68.

Ok...i don't want to use the term "rare" for my car but it's not a color combo that is seen that often. A 383 4br isn't rare either. So to be a purist or not....thats my dilemma.

Understood - to each his own. From my perspective, you'll be much happier building what YOU want, unless you're looking to sell. My charger, while not rare, was originally a sublime 500SE. Now it's a cherry pearl 500/rt mashup. We drive the hell out of it but I can tell you this; if it was green, my wife wouldn't even sit in it!!

Well you could take a picture of it & draw some stripes on it to see if you like it or not.

or you just just put them on anyway; because you like them... and because they are cool!!

Wrong. The proper placement of the R/T quarter emblems are on top of the side marker light, and if you mover them forward of the marker light, it looks really stupid.

Auto Transport Service
Back