• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

68 Charger R/T for sale on Ebay....Wierd VIN plate?

91r/t

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:13 PM
Reaction score
Check the VIN plate out on this car for sale....never seen one with the first letter offset like this....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1968-Dodge-...ash=item544af54f38:g:K14AAOSwGBtZZBe1&vxp=mtr

s-l1600.jpg

i would think a phony VIN plate would be made to look authentic....... probably just a misstamp

fender tag with 440 code and matching body numbers would also support authenticity

partial vins on block and trans would go even further....... it does claim to be numbers matching

looks like a gem from where i sit

Last edited:
Isn't Prince Dodge the dealership in the original 'Gone in 60 seconds' movie where the VIN swapped Challenger is stolen to cover up the operation?

That one will go thru the roof! The color is awesome.

unfortunately the World is watching, so who knows where it will wind up.

Check the VIN plate out on this car for sale....never seen one with the first letter offset like this....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1968-Dodge-...ash=item544af54f38:g:K14AAOSwGBtZZBe1&vxp=mtr

View attachment 445268

I've seen VIN stampings like that before.

Judging by the green dash, headliner, repro black door panels surrounded by green inner door shell paint & cheap repro front armrests (that are bending), I'd be willing to bet that the car had a full green interior. Wouldn't be surprised to find out that it was a triple green car.

Claims to be original paint, but somehow, the trunk floor pan almost looks too nice to be original paint. Where's the fuel sender wire?

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
Where's the ballast resister & driver's door gasket? If it is original paint, it appears to be a nice car. Original sheetmetal & matching numbers is a major plus, but it seems like a bunch of things have been changed.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

If it was a stripe delete would there be holes for emblems on the quarters?

If it was a stripe delete would there be holes for emblems on the quarters?

Stripe delete in 68 = no stripe & no quarter panel emblem.
Stripe delete in 1969 = no stripe, but you got the quarter panel emblem in its place.
Stripe delete in 1970 = same as 1968.

I believe that the same goes for the Coronet R/T

trunk floor caught my eye immediately and im no expert like you guys are.
also the engine paint looks too new compared to the rest of the engine bay.

other than that,wow,this is mind bending prices.
i bought an identical charger/triple green,back in the 90-s for 600 bucks.
and then put a ballast resistor on it,some gas in it,and drove it home.
now,the same car is already at 33k << !!
dayummm.i actually remember when mopar guys would walk away from a green car.

i bought an identical charger/triple green,back in the 90-s for 600 bucks.
and then put a ballast resistor on it,some gas in it,and drove it home.

drove my green GTX home for 900 bucks in 85...... was picking on 5.0s and Iroc Zs the next night after a tuneup

mine had a dead rearend so i stuck a truck dana in it.
dont ask why,we were dumb and had no idea....:rofl:
but that car would lay rubber as long as you dared to hold the pedal down.

s-l1600-jpg.jpg

compare the color of the trunk floor the the green on the rain gutter....way different color.

So where are all the effin jacks for these cars!?!?!

What did you guys do with them back in the day? Leave em on the side of the road?

Or are they being pulled out and sold separately by flippers?

They were pulled years ago. I am guilty! I stashed them in my shed since 1980, as I junked so many Chargers, I can't count how many are in there. They are sitting next to the 12 sets of tail lights that have been there since 1980. Lol

I'm Kidding! I threw them away too! DUH!

So where are all the effin jacks for these cars!?!?!

What did you guys do with them back in the day? Leave em on the side of the road?

Or are they being pulled out and sold separately by flippers?

The jack was placed on the left side of the trunk under the gas fill tube.

index.php

Auto Transport Service
Back